See here the list of Top 10 best car jump starters. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones.
- POWERFUL & COMPACT: Jump start your vehicle (up to 6.5L gas or 5.2L diesel engine) up to 20 times with 600 amps of peak current...
- SMART CHARGING PORT: With 18000mAh capacity and smart USB port, it can full charge your laptops (include 8 in 1 laptop adapters in...
- PROTECTION: The high quality and spray gold intelligent jumper clamps has over current protection, short circuit protection,...
- 【SUPER POWERFUL & COMPACT】This compact (7.5*3.4*1.4-inch) & lightweight (615g), yet powerful 2000A peak output jump starter...
- 【HIGH-SPEED CHARGING PORTS】Aside from normal charging ports, this portable jump starter is also equipped with a smart USB...
- 【SAFETY GUARANTEED】The advanced intelligent protection clamps with a LED screen can provide over-current protection, short...
- 1,700 Peak Amps; 425 Cranking Amps
- 22Ah Clore PROFORMER Battery
- 46" Heavy-Duty #2 AWG Cables
- 【Powerful Yet Compact】With quad power supply modules, the KP120 battery booster can output 1200A peak current and generate...
- 【Upgraded Safety & Easy to Use】 This jump start battery pack uses the newest version clamps featuring with nine advanced...
- 【Type-C & Two-way Fast Charging】Integrated Type-C port allows you to recharge 50% faster than usual. Three hours to recharge...
- START DEAD BATTERIES: Safely jump start a dead battery in seconds with this compact, yet powerful, 1000-amp portable lithium car...
- ULTRASAFE: Safe and easy to use car battery jump starter pack without the worry of incorrect connections or sparks. Safely connect...
- MULTI-FUNCTION: It's a car jump starter, portable power bank, and LED flashlight. Recharge smartphones, tablets, and other USB...
- POWERFUL LIFE SAVER: This GOOLOO emergency jump starter has enough power (800A peak current) to jump start most 12 volt vehicles...
- QUICK-CHARGE USB PORTS: Designed with dual USB outputs (5V/2.1A, 5V 2.4A/9V 2A), the quick-charge 3.0 USB port charges your...
- ADVANCED PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY: The intelligent jumper clamp features multiple advanced safety technologies including over-current...
- 【POWERFUL BUT COMPACT】With 800 amps peak current, the Tacklife T8 can jump start 12V cars, SUVs, trucks or vans up to 30 times...
- 【LONG-LASTING STANDBY TIME】Unlike other car jump starters, you can manually turn the Tacklife T8 'OFF' to slow down the...
- 【USER-FRIENDLY EXTRAS】Not just a car battery charger, the T8 comes equipped with super bright LEDs functioning as an emergency...
- BEATIT B10 PRO is the most compact portable size and light weight with heavy duty feeling construction for emergency car jump...
- With a peak of 800 Amps (UL2743 Certified) - it's able to jump start flat batteries up to 20 times on a single charge. Work with...
- 12, 800mAh power bank designed with dual USB output(5V/2. 1A) 10W and type C port(5V/3A) which is both in and out, used to...
- Powerful Jump Starter: Jump start your vehicle (up to 6.5L gas or 4L diesel engine) up to 300 times with 1500 amps of peak current...
- Protections: Intelligent jump cables built-in 8 upgraded protections, particularly spark-proof, reverse polarity protection,...
- Smart Charging Port: With 21800mAh capacity and smart 3.0 USB port, it can full charge your laptops, smart phones, tablets, and...
- COMPACT BUT POWERFUL: Measuring only 6.3 x 3 x 1.6 inches and weighing in at 2.5lbs, the T6 battery jump starter is small enough...
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AND PROTECTION: In addition to 8 built-in general protections, the T6 intelligent jumper cable also comes with...
- UPGRADED QUICK-CHARGING 3.0: New generation dual USB outputs (5V/2.4A 9V/2A; 5V/2A) are compatible with almost all USB charging...
Car Jump Starter – Comparison & Buyer
Finding the best car-to-jump start can be a complicated process, as you’ll need to find and select the right capacity and power for your engine, while not forgetting factors such as features and build quality. If the research effort is too big for you, but you still want to make a good purchase decision, our test can help you, because we have already done the research for you and can, therefore, make a sound and meaningful purchase decision. So can the model 136102 of Dino KRAFTPAKETThe features are excellent, with various outputs ranging from USB to 19V laptop port, LED flashlight and high capacity at 600A output current. Alternatively, the model 18026 from Auto win could be of interest to you, as the jump-starting device impresses with its high performance, good equipment and high capacity, combined with solid workmanship at a fair price.
Jump Starter Booster Purchase Advisor
The best car jump start is not always a jumper cable, because to use this, you need another vehicle. Here is a jump-start booster in the form of a strong power bank can be very helpful. However, before you make a price comparison or simply choose a cheap car jump start from the extensive range, you should consider some important factors. You also need to know which start aid is suitable for which engine. In the top 5 list of the best car start aids in 2019, you will also get a recommendation for different types of models to make your purchase decision even easier.
Compared to the battery charger or the traditional jumper or boot cable, the boosters have a distinct advantage: you do not need another vehicle, nor do you have to wait for the battery to charge. The boot process should – in the ideal casework immediately. You just have to make sure that the rated voltage of the battery matches that of the device (for example, 12 volts) and the ignition of all power consumers in the vehicle is switched off. After the device has been connected, if nothing goes wrong, you can start the car normally. However, it becomes problematic if the starting process is to be carried out at low temperatures. Here, the chaff is separated from the wheat, especially in the booster because just as a discharged car battery can freeze at about 0 ° Celsius, so do many booster equipment limp as soon as it goes into the negative temperature range. At room temperature, none of the devices in the test had problems getting the car to start. At low temperatures, however, many models failed.
If you’re using a cheap model and it does not work out the first time, try warming up the jumper, if that’s possible. This can help to start the engine despite low outside temperatures. Before you buy, you should definitely be concerned with the required performance of the car jump start, because each engine requires a different peak load when starting, so that the startup process can be successful. Basically, the bigger the displacement, the stronger the device has to be.
Which booster for which engine?
As mentioned earlier, you need different starting aids for different engines. Below is a brief summary of the amount of power required in amps, depending on the engine. As a rough guideline, the number of cylinders is given here, because this is the easiest way to remember. Make sure, however, that the model for your displacement has sufficient power in the description of the device or in the operating instructions.
If you expect to start the car at low temperatures from -5 ° to 0 °, then you will need to double the minimum power to start reliably. Since automakers seldom give precise information about what peak power the battery needs to provide, you should always buy the booster that can deliver the highest peak performance your budget allows. Because exact minimum values, which is needed for your vehicle at a certain temperature, are very difficult or impossible to determine.
Additional functions and price range
Many booster offer in addition to the pure start function also an integrated LED flashlight. This is very useful if you can charge a dead battery in the dark and is a highly recommended additional feature. In addition, you should always make sure that there is a short-circuit protection mechanism in case you have mis-clamped something wrong. Some devices also offer false polarity protection, overcharge protection and over-voltage protection. All of these mechanisms can help extend the life of the jump-start device.
Many manufacturers have also included USB ports or adapters to charge other devices in their power banks. Not only can you use the model as a jump-start, but you can also charge electronic devices such as cell phones, tablets, laptops, or DVD players while driving. But beware: charging a tablet or laptop requires a lot of power, so a middle-class device can be idle after charging the laptop itself and also needs to be recharged. Should it happen that you need start-up assistance, you have a problem.
If you know what kind of device you need and what it needs to be at least, you’ll soon realize that the price usually increases with performance. The compactness also plays a major role. Small but very powerful models are usually more expensive than large devices with the same performance. You can expect that good value models with adequate performance for an average vehicle are somewhere between € 60 and € 250, depending on their performance, function and scope of delivery.
3 Best Car Jump Starts (Test) 2019
Almost every driver who has been driving for a while has experienced it before. The light has been forgotten to turn off or the battery has simply deflated due to old age. As good advice is expensive and it must be as soon as possible another car to bridge. Or? Not necessarily, because with the best car start aids in 2019 you have your personal battery charger for your car battery always with you. The jump start device is simply connected to the battery and on you go. It’s that easy. Which devices keep what you promise, you will learn in the detailed test of devices for the mobile jump start.
3.1. Dino Power Pack 12V-600A Jump Starter 66.6Wh 18000mAh
The best car jump starter was the model from Dino KRAFTPAKET. The device convinces with good equipment and a powerful battery, which can come up with a capacity of 18,000 mAh according to the manufacturer (this is not quite true, as it turned out in the test). Nevertheless, up to 20 start attempts with full amperage can be carried out.
It is suitable as a car starting aid for gasoline engines up to 8 cc and diesel engines up to 7.5 cc. Deep discharged batteries can also be recharged thanks to the boost function. The starting assistance current amounts to maximally 600 A and can be used naturally also for other vehicles with 12-V Bordnetz. With a weight of only 615 grams, the model is still quite light and measures only 23 x 8.7 x 2.8 cm. Via a 12V continuous output devices with 12V connection (eg a cooling box) can be operated and there are also further connections for devices available. A 19V connection with 3.5A for laptops and two USB ports with 2A or 1A for smartphones. In addition, there are charging cables, crocodile clip jumper cables with reverse polarity protection and various adapters for laptops, so that the overall equipment is excellent.
In addition, an LED is installed, so you can use the device as a flashlight. All this ensures that the price is very reasonable, so despite the nominal higher price compared to other models, the price-performance ratio is very good. The processing also convinced in the test and according to the manufacturer up to 1,000 charging cycles are no problem. The long service life is also supported by good protection devices such as overcharge protection, short-circuit protection, overheating protection and reverse polarity protection. Negative was in the test, however, that 19V and 12V connector use the same socket and the label is rather difficult to read. So be careful here. In addition, our test showed that the indicated capacity of 18,000 mAh was unfortunately not reached.
There are various connections available for charging devices (USB, 12V and 19V connection).
Due to the solid workmanship in connection with the good equipment the price-performance ratio is very good.
There is reverse polarity protection, overheating protection, over-charge protection and short-circuit protection.
With a high capacity, 600A output current and the ability to boost deeply charged batteries to life, the overall performance is very good.
Priced the model is already in the upper range, so it certainly is not for everyone in question.
12V and 19V connection:
Both connectors use the same connector, so you need to be extra careful here.
The capacity is high, but the specified 18,000 mAh is not reached.
3.2. Auto Jump Start Powerbank 21000mAh peak current
The device from Auto win acts as a powerful jump start with a peak current of 1,000 A and as a power bank with a capacity according to the manufacturer of a proud 21,000 mAh at the same time. The capacity can not be confirmed when loading, however, the real mAh are much lower. The workmanship is very neat because the housing is shockproof and robust. Thanks to intelligent protection systems such as overvoltage protection, short-circuit protection and overheating protection, the device is long-lasting and safe. In addition, there are warning signals when something has been connected incorrectly. All vehicles can be started with 12 V on-board electronics, which can be done up to 40 times even at full current.
Two USB ports (one as Fast Charge) allow you to charge multiple devices at the same time, and the LED flashlight also has several modes (such as SOS mode), making it very useful even in the dark. The scope of delivery convinced because in addition to charging cable and brackets are also a cigarette lighter adapter and a bag included.
Weaknesses revealed the model with deep discharged batteries, here no reliable function could be certified. In addition, it may be disadvantageous that the device shuts off completely if at least 5 W of power is not drawn. As a continuous emergency power (for example, for a caravan), it is therefore unsuitable. Nevertheless, for the application, to serve as a jump start and power bank, the unit does a good job at a fair price.
With a high capacity and a very good maximum current of 1,000 A, the device is very powerful.
The model has two USB ports (one with fast charging) and a 12V output to power 12V devices like cool boxes. In addition, a flashlight is installed.
The case is sturdy and durable built.
The price-performance ratio is very good overall.
The device is reliably protected against overvoltage, overheating, short circuits and reverse polarity. Thanks to warning signals, you can not go wrong.
Deep discharged batteries:
Here the device had its problems. It is not really reliable with completely discharged batteries.
The real charging capacity as a power bank is far below 21,000 mAh.
If 5 watts are not permanently drawn, the model automatically shuts off.
No 19V connection:
A port for charging 19V devices such as a laptop does not exist.
3.3. Yaber Jump Start Powerbank 1200A peak current 15000mAh
The model of Yabber is a relatively cheap car jump start with power bank, which offers an excellent price-performance ratio. It works with a peak current of 1,200 A, so the application areas are very wide. At the same time, it has quick-charge USB ports (A and C), has an integrated flashlight with SOS light and is also extensively secured against damage. In addition to explosion and reverse polarity protection, short-circuit, over-temperature, over-voltage, over-current, over-discharge and over-current protection are also provided.
The built-in LED flashlight has four modes and the entire housing of the device is excellently protected against water and dust according to IP68 protection class. This makes the Power-Charger ideal for use on boats. It can be petrol engines up to 7.5 litres and diesel engines start up to 6 litres, but of course, other vehicles with 12V on-board electronics are no problem. The capacity is very decent with 15,000 mAh and also the scope of delivery convinced because a bag and connecting cable are already included.
Negative was that the device with a size of 18.5 x 9.5 x 4.5 cm is a bit bulkier than many others. Unfortunately, there is no 19V connection for other devices such as laptops, so that they function as a power bank is somewhat limited. A 12-volt connection for coolers or other models is available. Unfortunately, the instructions are poorly translated and the connections are not labelled, which in the test for a small additional devaluation of the otherwise very good device.
With a peak current of 1,200 A and a capacity of 15,000 mAh, the device is very powerful.
Also as a power bank, the device is well suited, because there are USB ports and a 12 V connection available.
The equipment is very good overall and the scope of delivery is also convincing.
Water and dust protected:
The housing is protected against water and dust in accordance with the IP68 standard.
The price-performance ratio is excellent overall.
Thanks to comprehensive protection against overheating, unloading and overcharging as well as reverse polarity, it is very safe and durable.
The manual is poorly translated and partly misleading.
The connections have no label, which makes life particularly difficult for newcomers.
No 19V connection:
A port for charging and operating laptops or other 19V devices is not available.