See here the list of Top 10 best computer workstation desk. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones.
- Heavy-Duty MDF Panels with a Moisture Resistant PVC Laminate Vaneer in Graphite Finish
- Scratch Resistant Powder-Coated Steel Frame
- Non-Marking Durable Nylon Wheels with locking casters
- HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE - Ergonomic mobile stand up desk computer workstation is height adjustable from sitting to standing.
- STAND-UP PORTABLE DESK - Ideal for use as a stand-up portable computer office desk and can also be used as a speaker's podium.
- AMPLE ROOM - Rolling computer cart has 4 platforms to store monitor, laptop, keyboard, printer, CPU, PC tower and speakers. The...
- VIVO DESK RISER SOLUTIONS - We create affordable ergonomic solutions designed with creativity and quality to help transform your...
- QUICK TRANSITION - Go from sitting to standing in one easy smooth motion using the innovative simple touch height locking...
- SPACE EFFICIENT - The top surface measures 31.5" x 15.7", which maximizes space while still providing room for dual monitors. The...
- ✅EASY TO SIT/STAND - Our sit and stand desk has a durable steel base and a pneumatic air cylinder for smooth raising and...
- ✅SITTING IS THE NEW SMOKING - Concerned about your health and wellness? Science continues to show the health threats of...
- ✅ERGONOMIC HEIGHT RANGE- The fluid height adjustment allows more than 200 height adjustable positions according to your comfort....
- Heavy-Duty MDF Panels with a Moisture Resistant PVC Laminate Vaneer in Mahogany Finish
- Elevated Accesory Shelf,Pull Out Keyboard Tray, 2 Storage Drawers, CPU Compartment and Slide-out accessory Shelf with rear cable...
- Scratch-resistant powder-coated steel support
- Contemporary style desk in a cherry finish with black accents
- Clear tempered glass with black border for safety
- Chrome cylinder glass supports. Weight- 71.72 pounds
- Heavy-duty MDF panels with a moisture resistant PVC laminate veneer in Gray Finish
- Scratch resistant powder-coated steel legs
- Keyboard shelf, Bottom CPU shelf, utility drawer, accessory shelves
- L-shaped gaming desk is made out of a beautiful MDF that appearance and functionality are classy and efficient in home/office
- L shaped gaming desk in 3 piece,easy switch the two sides as your habit,which take full advantage of space and save space fits...
- L desk for school in very sturdy frame that is designed in an edgy architectural look to support all your office essentials,no...
- Overall 24" width x 28.8" depth x 34.1"-46.1" height. 154 lb weight capacity, evenly distributed.
- Height of lower and upper shelves adjust together at 1" increments
- Durable steel frame with black powder coat paint finish and teak shelves.
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied desk per product instructions
- Moving the desk to a new room is not included
- Typical assembly time of 4 hours
Welcome to our large PC Desk Test 2019. Here we present you all PC desks that we have tested more closely. We have put together detailed background information and also added a summary of the customer reviews on the net. We want to make your purchase easier and help you find the best computer table for you. Also on frequently asked questions, you will find answers in our guide. If available, we also offer you interesting test videos. Furthermore, you will also find on this page some important information that you should pay attention to if you want to buy a PC desktop.
The essentials in brief
- PC desktops are designed to work organically with many different devices and to properly store a computer and its accessories.
- Basically, there are three types of computer tables, the classic computer tables, corner tables and gaming tables where each table has a different use.
- For the home or home office, classic PC desks or corner tables are all they need, as they meet the most important requirements.
Guidebook: Questions to deal with before buying a PC desktop
Why do I need a PC desk?
In principle, anyone who does their work with a PC needs a PC desktop, as the name implies. The classic PC desktop is mostly rectangular. Because of the significant difference of a PC desk in contrast to a conventional desk is the extra compartment that is suitable for storing a computer. Nowadays, you can no longer imagine an office without a computer, a monitor, a printer or other equipment. Of course, this variety of technical devices also need a lot of space, besides, they are connected with a lot of cables which also have to be stowed properly in order not to be visible and not to interfere with the work.
Where can I buy a PC desk?
You can actually buy a PC desk in any furniture store or interior design store, as the demand for it is now very high. From shops like IKEA to XXXLutz, there is a wide range, but also on the Internet, you will find something. Here are a few suggestions for you from furniture stores and online stores that offer you a good selection of PC desks:
- ebay.de or ebay-kleinanzeigen.de
The choice is so big, the best you should look at several offers from different providers and so you can ever get a picture of what you imagine. In addition, you already know about what equipment you like, which design appeals to you and then you can limit your search for the right PC desktop.
What are the advantages of a PC desk over other desktops?
A clear advantage of a PC desktop is the compartments, shelves and integrated cable ducts that are not available in a normal desk. For example, the computer can be installed directly on the desk, so does not interfere with work, since the computers are sometimes very large and would otherwise be in the way. Also, he is a little less noticeable because he is as good as “hidden” in the desk. This makes the workplace visually more beautiful and more organized.
This is an essential part of a PC desktop whose sole purpose is to stow the keyboard which is connected to the PC. So the keyboard can be easily pulled out when needed and then can disappear under the table surface again. This saves a lot of space and this also looks neater than when the keyboard is visible on the desk. Not to mention, is the problem of the well-known cable salad that arises quickly times when many devices are in use in one place at the same time. A conventional desk has no way to stow all the cables properly and these are then often criss-cross the whole table along, which does not look very neat.
Where can you use PC desks everywhere?
PC desks are available in many sizes, with different features. It is important to know what the table is used for, as you can use the different types in many places. First, there are the classic office computer tables. But these are too extensive for private use, for example. In an office, there are probably more office supplies that need to be stowed, which logically need more drawers.
In the home office, a simpler equipment is sufficient, that is a PC desk, which is a furniture store, whose offer is designed specifically for the home, is a good option for setting up your own home office. PC desks are therefore needed everywhere where a workstation is, on which additional devices such as PCs and monitors are available.
How much does a PC desk cost?
Now the question is, how much you should plan your budget when buying a PC desk. Depending on the size and features, the prices for the various computer tables vary. In order to differentiate the price range of PC desktops, the following criteria must be observed:
- Material, such as a PC desk made of high-quality wood or one of cheaper metals and plastics
Basically, the price range for PC desks for private household is 60 € to about 250 €, depending on the quality and provider. Because you will find cheaper PC desktops on amazon.de, but you should also consider its quality. If the PC desk is designed specifically for gamers, the so-called gaming table is profitable.
What alternatives are there to a PC desk?
There are many types of desks that can be used for a variety of purposes.
Each model has its own advantages and disadvantages. In the following section, we will give you a brief overview of the alternatives to computer tables.
- Lapdesk: A so-called lap desk has the result of the increased use of laptops since people are no longer tied to a permanent workplace, but can now work from anywhere with their portable laptops. Be it on the couch in front of the TV or even in bed in the bedroom. The Lapdesk is a knee cushion with a worktop integrated on it. So you can place the knee pad on your own legs and the notebook on the worktop.
- Laptop tables Are smaller variants of computer tables and thus very space-saving. The advantage of these tables is also that the right attitude is not neglected and when not in use, these can be stowed well so that they are no longer directly in the eye.
- Dining tables: Thanks to the flexibility of portable laptops and notebooks, classic desks are often no longer needed on a regular basis. Often, users simply sit at any table, for example, the dining table. However, it should not be forgotten that the posture may not be optimal for prolonged sitting at such tables, which can cause permanent ergonomic damage.
Each table has its advantages, but if you need a practical desk for organized work, the criteria of having a real PC desk outweigh the alternatives. Nowadays you can work with the laptop from anywhere, even while eating.
Decision: What types of PC desks are there and which one is right for you?
If you want to buy a new computer table, there are basically three types:
- Classic office computer tables
- Corner desks/desks with angle combinations
- Gaming tables
Each of these models has a slightly different size and style, as they are supposed to serve a different purpose. So choosing the right computer table depends on what you need it for. In the following, we would like to help you to find out which type of PC desk suits you best. For this purpose, we introduce you to the above-mentioned models of PC desks individually and weigh the individual advantages and disadvantages.
Purchase criteria: These factors allow you to compare and rate PC desktops
Below we will show you which aspects you can choose between the multitude of possible computer tables.
The criteria that you can use to compare PC desktops include:
- Design & Material
- Size & features
- Benefits: Type & frequency
In the further course, we explain to you what is important in the individual purchase criteria.
Of course, the price of each item is important to the user, but it is especially important for products such as furnishing articles. A desk is an investment with the intention to be able to use it for a long time without constantly having to buy a new one. So the quality of the table is also indirectly related to the price – but the more expensive does not necessarily mean better. Just make sure when buying that the provider makes a realistic offer and do not forget that even a table made of robust, high-quality wood will be slightly more expensive in the purchase.
The most important factors that are included in the price are:
Pay attention to these factors and weigh where you set your priorities because maybe a simpler equipment is enough for you, but you definitely want a high-quality table from a special supplier. Computer tables are made of a variety of materials, which then make up the various prices. There are tables made of cheap wood, but also high-quality wooden tables or tables made of metals or plastics. It is best to pay attention to your budget when buying and maybe you will find a good deal while looking for the right table and get a great table even cheaper than you would have expected.
2. Design & Material
As mentioned above, a table is a key ingredient in a room and immediately visible. Therefore, you should choose the design of what you personally like the most. If you do not like the table optically, it makes little sense to buy it, otherwise, you will be dissatisfied. The consequence of this would be that you have to go to the search for a new computer desk after a short time. Also in the field of design, the materials used in the table play a role, because if the rest of your interior, for example, consists of brown wood, only a table with the same material would fit into the overall picture.
3. Size & features
Other purchase criteria are the size and features of the PC desk, which can make your decision easier. The size of the table depends on the space available to you. If you have a small room left at home that you want to turn into your own home office, then you should choose a smaller table.
But if you have a large room and need a large work surface, a large desk is ideal. In addition to the size, you have to think about what equipment should have the computer table. For example, there are even tables on wheels, so that the table can simply be pushed through the room. But if you want to build the table at a fixed point in the room anyway, then this feature may be superfluous for you. A computer desk should ideally have a keyboard layout and the storage space for a computer, as these are among the basic features.
4. Benefits: Type & frequency
Lastly, before you buy a PC desktop, you need to know what you need it for and how often you will use it. If you only want a computer desk to complete your room, but you mainly do your work elsewhere, such as in the office at work, then a simpler tablet is enough for you. But if you work a lot from home, invest in a special computer desk that fully meets your needs and expectations.