See here the list of Top 10 best electric fireplace. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones.
- 5,200 BTU heater provides supplemental zone heating for up to 1,000 square feet to help you save money
- Patent pending 3D flame effect technology features realistic flames that dance on and behind the logs, including five adjustable...
- The infrared quartz heat helps to maintain the natural humidity in the air, resulting in comfortable heat without drying out the...
- 🔥 【Warm & Comfortable】Dimensions-20H x 17W x 10D in. Suburbs TS20 is an effective space heater with the appearance of...
- 🔥 【Vintage & Elegant】TS20 features a durable frame and sturdy metal legs as well as the 3-sided panoramic viewing...
- 🔥 【Fast Installation & Easy】To get started, simply attach four metal legs to the preassembled main unit. TS20 electric...
- DESIGNED FOR ON-WALL MOUNTING: (FOR RECESSED STYLE, SEE OUR SIDELINE MODEL), This 50-inch-wide electric fireplace only weighs 46...
- VERSATILE USE: Touchstone Onyx Electric Fireplace features two heat settings (high and low) which adds supplemental heat, coming...
- REALISTIC LOG SET: Amaze your guests with the lifelike flames of this wall-hanging electric fireplace. Its realistic flames are...
- DESIGNED FOR IN-WALL INSTALLATION: This electric fireplace is specially created for recessed mounting in walls. Recessed mounting...
- TWO HEAT SETTINGS: Perfect for the cold seasons, the Touchstone Sideline features two heat settings: high and low. Heat vents are...
- REALISTIC FLAME WITH THREE COLOR CHANGING OPTIONS: To create the cozy atmosphere of a traditional fireplace, this electronic unit...
- Dimensions: 28"L X 11"W X 20"H
- Heats 1000 sq. feet with 5100 BTU's
- Features a Quakerstown dark oak cabinet and mantel
- Bring the outdoors in with the rustic look of the Ameriwood Home Farmington Electric Fireplace TV console finished in a textured...
- TV Console is equipped with multiple storage spaces for your DVDs, video game systems and cable box and also holds flat paneled...
- Console comes with a 23" electric fireplace insert with a remote control (batteries included) to create the perfect room...
- For a warm and comfortable environment, place the LED heater into an existing fireplace or on the floor and enjoy the realistic...
- The air heater will fan warm air around the room in a large range without smoke, burning or dry-out air
- The pulsating and vivid flame effect can be turned on separately from the heat, so you can enjoy the ambience of a rolling fire...
- Dimensions: 39" x 8.98" x 27.01". Freestanding & Recessed Fireplace Insert. Easy to be installed and ideal for all kinds of...
- MULTI OPERATING MODES: Touch Screen On Front Panel;5 flame & burning logs color modes;5 flame speed modes;5 flame brightness...
- 2 HEAT SETTINGS & ENERGY SAVINGS: 750W & 1500W for different rooms and weathers which can be adjusted accordingly for both warm...
- White color Durable body construction, and Glass viewing window, Cute look.
- Realistic flame effect with glowing log, flames can be operated with or without heat
- Electric fireplace requires no gas, no oil, and no worry about the smoke & messy ashes. 750/1500W heat setting provides...
- Compact Size is perfect for smaller spaces
- 1500 watt heater warms a room up to a 1000 sq. Ft.; zone heating provides cost effective heat to only the areas you want
- Panoramic design with wood stove case styling and operable door
Electric Fireplace – Test 2019
It can be a real challenge to find the best electric fireplace because the supply on the market is very large. We recommend that you first study the operation and types of electric fireplaces before going any further into such criteria as build quality, features, and performance. If this is too time-consuming and you prefer to make a quick and yet good purchase decision, we can help you, because we have already done the research for you. So we can highly recommend the model HDEF63B-B from CrownFlame because the compact model works with a decent performance, is chic and high quality and heats up quickly. Alternative is also the model Aarau by El FuegoHighly recommended, because it is modern designed, creates a realistic flame effect and a warm airflow.
Electric fireplaces sales advisor
If you are looking for an electric fireplace, consider a few things before comparing prices. In addition to the general mode of operation and the advantages and disadvantages, you should in particular also know the different types of electric fireplaces so that you can narrow down the offer from the outset. What else you have to look out for, we tell you here. Finally, you can also see our list of bestsellers for a summary of the best electric fireplaces of the year 2019 that we have identified in the test.
1. Functioning and advantages and disadvantages
One thing in advance:
There is no real fire in the electric fireplace. Artificial flames are produced here only from water vapour or other effects and light. This makes this type of fireplaces actually a small electric heater or depending on the model only a decoration object. Since the flames look very realistic in some models, an electric fireplace can bring a very nice atmosphere to your living room without having to install a fireplace. Even on a chimney or the acceptance by the chimney sweep, you can safely do without. Other disadvantages such as dust and soot, which brings a real fireplace, come with the electric fireplace also not available.
In particular, but not exclusively in rental housing, such a model can, therefore, be a real alternative. As a rule, the models of course also work with a heating power, which is usually at a maximum of 2000 watts. This does not heat a large living room alone, but it creates a cosy warmth that makes the fireplace illusion perfect. Compared to other fireplaces such as soapstone or an oil stove, you will never have to deal with real fire. The electric fireplace is simply operated at the socket.
2. Types of electric fireplaces
Of course, the best electric fireplace is just a model that meets your requirements in terms of appearance, price and performance. Before you look at the details, our recommendation is to first get an overview of the different types of fireplaces so that you can better narrow down the offer.
2.1. Freestanding electric fireplace:
Free-standing fireplaces can be placed anywhere in the room. If necessary, you can also use the model in several places, because compact variants can be easily converted.
2.2. Electric fireplace for wall mounting:
These models are less flexible, so you do not need any space. They are often modern in design and very flat, so they take up very little space. Although these ovens are usually very compact and flexible to use, without a little effort, it can not be converted from one to the other wall
2.3. Permanently installed large electric fireplaces:
Very large models are a bit more expensive to install, often they have to be assembled and fixed in a specific location. Although they are inflexible, but they are often similar to a real fireplace for confusing. The transition to freestanding models is here, however, fluent.
2.4. Built-in electric fireplace:
They are quite rare, but they exist built-in electric fireplaces. They are permanently installed or installed in a designated niche. Here they will stay until you dismantle the chimney at some point. They are not flexible in the installation site.
3. Important purchase criteria
Whether you prefer a high-quality, high-performance or rather a low-priced electric fireplace is, of course, dependent on your requirements and ideas. Which additional criteria you should look out for when comparing different models, we have summarized here for you.
3.1. Heating function:
The heater can not replace an electric fireplace, but powerful model with heating function is quite good as an additional source of heat. Most fireplaces have a peak power of 2,000 watts. But make sure that you can only turn on the effect if necessary and can do without the heating.
When buying a model with heating function, be sure to consider the performance of the model if you also want to use it for heating. In addition, the test has shown that models with additional fan once again offer a better effect, since the heat is better distributed here. At the same time, higher power means that power consumption is higher. They can be up to 60 cents per hour, which is quite remarkable. If you want to operate the model for a longer period of time, the follow-up costs should not be underestimated. Many powerful models can also be throttled. For example, many 2kW chimneys can run at both full and half power.
3.3. Protection mechanisms:
When making a purchase, make sure that the fireplace has overheating protection.
3.4. Effect Control:
With many models, it is possible to individually regulate the flame effect. This can be related to the brightness, but there is also the opportunity to control the effect itself every now and then.
4. Electric fireplace test winner – Top 5
If you need a bit more heat for the winter, then it is a good idea to buy an electric fireplace. More specifically, an electric fireplace with heating, which can provide a warm home even on cold days. We have put together the five best electric fireplaces of the year 2019 for you in a clear list. So you can decide at a glance what is most suitable for your individual needs. Most devices can be set in steps and adapted to the respective room temperatures. In terms of design, there are big differences – some models have been elaborately crafted, while others are simply functional. Of course, there are also electric fireplaces that could fully convince in all respects. For example, our test winner, where the relationship between quality, design and function is best.
4.1. CrownFlame HDEF63B-B
Our test winner offers a realistic-looking log fire thanks to special flame technology and gets by without gas or oil. It is a portable mini-fireplace heater that serves as an additional heat dispenser for up to 37 square meters. Ideal for bedrooms and living rooms or other interior spaces where a bit more heat is needed.
With a size of 30 x 17.5 x 37.5 cm (L x D x H), the CrownFlame does not take up too much space and can simply be repositioned. The freestanding heater is made in black or white and has an elegant look. Optionally, the emulation flame can also be used without heating power and serve as a cosy and soothing light source or decoration.
Incidentally, the device ensures a relatively quick warm-up and does not need a long lead time, which is particularly welcome on cold days. The temperature can be regulated in two stages, and in the warmer months also reaches level 1, which of course also consumes less power. You can read all important information in the attached German manual.
4.2. El Fuego Aarau
The model of El Fuego is designed for wall mounting and is supplied with stones – and not, as shown in some pictures with wood. All you need is a socket within easy reach of the radiator. The electric fireplace in a simple design offers a realistic flame effect and the glow also looks very real thanks to the dimmer function. Behind a curved safety plate, well-adjusted LED lighting ensures a pleasant, warm light. The dimensions are 65 x 52 x 11.5 cm, which means that the electric fireplace does not take up too much space in most rooms. The elegant look also fits most of the facilities and is another plus of this model.
With a capacity of 900/1800 watts, the device has a relatively strong heating power and generates a pleasantly warm air flow immediately after switching on. On two levels you can adjust the temperature according to your wishes. Regardless of this, the glowing effect can also be set without a heating function – by the way, this is all possible via remote control. Of course, there is also an overheating protection. All in all, the relationship between performance, quality and price is good.
4.3. Classic Fire
This MDF (white) electric fireplace features a patented ‘Classic Fire’ LED fire simulation system and a two-stage adjustable heat output. A thermostat regulates the room temperature. The stainless steel front is bright and modern, which gives the model a timeless look, where you can enjoy it for a long time. With three different decorative panels, you can also give the fireplace console a look as desired! In relation to other products, this is definitely a special feature and justifies, among other things, the higher the price.
The lighting technology is high quality and exudes a warm light, which is actually like a log fire. Lighting and heating functions can be used together or separately. So you can create a cosy ambience in your living room even on warmer days – a sophisticated dimming function regulates the brightness.
With the dimensions (WxHxD) 67 x 62 x 23 cm, the fireplace is suitable for most rooms and can also be moved relatively easily. The ventilation slots are located on the right and left. You do not need a chimney or flue for this electric fireplace. Also, the installation is very simple – but the matt white primer of the housing must be painted if possible.
4.4. Claystone 10012127
No cheap electric fireplace, but one that has some extra features. The design is very appealing and elegant, the fireplace atmosphere convinces by successful flame simulation and with up to 2000 watts, this model can serve well as a radiator. The price in the middle category is therefore perfectly adequate.
The front of the case is high quality and made of glass, which is not the case with any electric fireplace. The lighting settings are also equipped with a dimming function, which makes even more comfortable light than the flames themselves. Even in summer, you can benefit from the pleasant light, as the heating and flame function can be controlled independently of each other. Also by remote control. Many test persons were happy about the German user manual. Point of criticism: The fan of the fan heater is a bit disturbing, but the noise level is still in the acceptable range. But you could expect more for the money.
The Flicks model is a budget fireplace. Nevertheless, the relatively realistic flame effect, as well as the relatively good performance for the small price, can certainly convince us. The design is also impressive and fits in its classic look to many interiors. The electric wall-mounted fireplace has a size of 40 x 23 x 48.5 cm (W x H x D) and can be set to two heating levels (950W and 1900W). On top of that, this electric fireplace is CE and GS certified. Especially in smaller households, the only 8 kg heavy radiator can be an efficient help. The materials are surprisingly good compared to other models in this price range with metal and safety glass. Also in terms of noise level could convince the Flieks electric fireplace.