See here the list of Top 10 best electric wheelchairs. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones.
- TRAVEL LIGHT AND EASY! The RANGER PATHFINDER X6 can be easily folded under 2 seconds, without needing to disassemble.Simply...
- LONG RANGE & POWERFUL! Battery Gets Up to 11 Miles in Driving Distance. / Airline Friendly -- Battery is Allowed for Transport on...
- INNOVATIVE CONVENIENCE! The RANGER X6 includes spacious under-the-seat storage, removable seat cushion and backrest (washable) and...
- EASY TO STORE - Lightweight storage folding chair without disassembling. The electric wheelchair folds up in 5 seconds and is very...
- DURABLE AND STYLISH - Smart silver aluminum aircraft alloy frame, includes matching footrests. This model power wheelchair is very...
- COMFORT ON RUGGED TERRAIN - Ergonomically designed for comfort. Operate this motorized wheelchair in grass, gravel, or snow, with...
- Aviation Aluminium frame, lightweight only 50 lbs with battery, extremely convenient to put in the truck for travel
- New updated controller, ensure the accurate and subtle direction control.Joystick can be placed either left or right ride of the...
- Manual and Electric, dual mode available, freely switched.Strong and durable for the use, support 265 lbs.Equipped with brushless...
- QUICK AND COMPACT FOLDING: Unfold your motor wheelchair with one hand for ideal convenience in under 2 seconds! It easily folds...
- INCREDIBLY COMFORTABLE SEAT: Our seat is designed to provide you with better room for cozy sitting. The wheelchair cushion is...
- DESIGNED FOR IDEAL SAFETY: It is FDA approved and designed to bring with you on flights. Slope control gives you more precise...
- ✔HIGH TECH! Never Seen Before Hidden Brush-less Motor Technology inside the back tires.
- ✔LIGHT WEIGHT! Portable Electric Wheelchair use the aircraft grade aluminum alloy frame more lighter and durable, it weighs only...
- ✔LONG RANGE! Battery Gets Up to 12 Miles in Driving Distance. The Lithium battery can be charged and used together or separately...
- Forcemech is a US Company that is committed to offer the best Mobility Products.
- All Products Backed By Forcemech's Gold Standard 24x7 Customer Support!
- R2 weights only 43lbs - Lightest in the Industry, Foldable in Seconds.
- ✔ Now with an Unbeatable Price. Get Yours Today and Enjoy the Free Mobility Now!
- ✔ Equipped with 2 Battery Which Can Go 12 Miles with Full Charge
- ✔ This Wheelchair Will Never Fail You on Grass, Ramp, Brick, Muddy, Snow, Bumpy Roads
- Made of high quality water-resistant nylon / Stylish digital camouflage pattern
- American flag emblem on front / Secures with Velcro straps
- 2 small side pockets / Extra zipper compartment on back / Inside zipper compartment and pen holder
- Prime Video
- Leg/Foot Warmers.
- Soft berber fleece and polycotton.
- Machine wash/dry. Imported.
Anyone who relies on a wheelchair is significantly restricted in its mobility. Even barrier-free paths are associated with a greater expenditure of energy since the wheelchair is powered by muscle power . Electric wheelchairs offer the advantage of mobility without this effort. We have examined electric wheelchair tests for you and determined the most important purchase criteria.
Find with our help your personal electric wheelchair winner!
- An electric wheelchair offers those people an important help who are dependent on a wheelchair and do not have the physical conditions to drive it with their muscle power. So you can handle your everyday life as independently as possible.
- Electric wheelchairs are powered by an electric motor that relies on power from a battery. This battery needs to be changed regularly.
- Not all electric wheelchairs are suitable for outdoor use. Keep this in mind when making your purchase to find the best power wheelchair for your needs.
According to estimates, in 2011 1.4 million people in Germany depended on a wheelchair. The numbers are likely to have risen since then. If you are affected or have a friend or relative who is affected, you know what restrictions are associated with such disability. The wheelchair is an important tool for many people. But not every wheelchair meets the needs of all concerned. In addition to manual wheelchairs, there are electric wheelchairs that are powered by a rechargeable battery, and so can be used by people who are physically very limited.
In our electric wheelchair comparison 2019, we will inform you about various types of wheelchairs and tell you which criteria an electric wheelchair must meet. In addition to buying advice, we also provide you with a guide, in which we answer the most frequently asked questions about electric wheelchairs.
1. Electric wheelchairs for greater mobility and independence in everyday life
An electric wheelchair makes everyday life easier for wheelchair users who, due to physical limitations, can not drive a manual wheelchair. Even people who do not have an accompanying person at their side benefit from an electric wheelchair.
An electrically powered hospital lift is powered by a battery that drives the motor. This, in turn, sets the drive wheels in motion. In addition, an electric wheelchair has support wheels that prevent it from tipping over, as well as steering wheels with which the direction can be controlled. Even on rough ground and on slopes, you can move safely with an electric wheelchair. Doctor visits trips to the fresh air and smaller errands can be done well.
An electric wheelchair drives a maximum of 6 km /h. Handicapped vehicles that can move faster are, for example, electric vehicles and electric scooters, which are also called e-scooters. These are also suitable for older people who can not walk any further distances on foot but want to maintain a degree of independence in old age.
2. Kaufberatung: How to find the best electric wheelchair
Of course, an electric wheelchair must fit you perfectly. If you have the support of your health insurance and a medical supply, the electric wheelchair is optimally adapted to your needs. But even if you have no prescription or want to buy or rent a cheap power wheelchair for short-term use, you should consider some criteria, so that the aid can give you real help in everyday life.
2.1. Speed and range
An electric wheelchair moves at walking pace, unlike some electric vehicles and e-scooters. The wheelchairs do not reach more than 6 km / h. Thus, an electric wheelchair can increase the speed with which you can move in everyday life. Especially in comparison with a lightweight wheelchair, which is driven manually.
The range that you can cover with an electric wheelchair depends on the battery used or the built-in battery. Most electric wheelchairs in tests achieve a range of about 40 km. This corresponds to a net time of around six and a half hours. For use on small trips and errands in the vicinity of the apartment, this is certainly sufficient.
2. Traffic safety
Even if the speed of an electric wheelchair is not too high, the vehicle should be sufficiently safe. The weight of most electric wheelchairs in tests varies between 60 kg and 140 kg. Basically, the higher the dead weight, the higher the tipping safety. Make sure that you do not purchase an electric wheelchair that is significantly lighter than 60 kg. The number of wheels also influences the stability. As a rule, electric wheelchairs have 4 wheels: two drive wheels and two support wheels. The latter also balance the vehicle when coping with curbs. In addition, an electric wheelchair must have brakes, lights, reflectors and a horn. This ensures safety especially outdoors and on busy sidewalks.
2.3. Comfort and handling
Of course, you must be able to sit comfortably in your electric wheelchair and operate the device easily. The seats of power wheelchairs are often covered with easy-care artificial leather. Some models allow the adjustment of the seat width, which contributes significantly to the seating comfort.
Armrests also allow comfortable and safe sitting. Often they are for easier getting up, for example when transferring to bed, foldable or removable. One of the armrests has the fitting that controls the power wheelchair. In addition to some controllers usually serves a lever of the wheelchair control. This can be moved forwards and backwards as well as to the sides in order to move the wheelchair in the same way. A few electric wheelchairs in tests are even foldable, so they – just like a manual folding wheelchair – can be easily stowed in the trunk of a car.
2.4. Overview: Features
When buying your electric wheelchair, pay attention to the following features.
- height-adjustable armrests for greater comfort
- Lighting for outdoor use
- Suspension for more comfort
- foldable backrest for easy transport in the car
- adjustable seat for individual comfort
- folding footrests for the relief of the legs
3. Brands and manufacturers of power wheelchairs
There are some electric wheelchairs available on the market. If you find out about the offer, regardless of whether you want to rent a power wheelchair or pay the health insurance electric wheelchair or scooter, some manufacturers will meet you again and again.
Meyra electric wheelchairs are as well known as electric wheelchairs from Invacare or Mistral. Foldable electric wheelchairs are particularly flexible, as they can be stowed in the luggage compartment of coaches or in the trunk of the car. The easily foldable electric wheelchairs enable seniors and people with disabilities to live an active life and even travel.
- Electric Mobility Euro
- Moving Star
- Sunrise Medical
4.1. Who pays the electric wheelchair?
With a purchase price of 1,000 – 4,000 euros, a wheelchair with electric drive is not exactly cheap. However, you do not have to worry about financing. If you are dependent on a wheelchair and the purchase of an electric wheelchair is advisable, the health insurance will cover the costs. You only have to make an additional payment, which is usually only a few euros. For this, you must receive from the doctor a corresponding recipe on which an electric wheelchair is explicitly noted. If you only have a prescription for a manual wheelchair, the health insurance does not pay for an electric wheelchair.
4.2. Where can I buy an electric wheelchair?
For example, you can buy a wheelchair with electric drive on-site in the medical supply store. However, if you want to buy the cheapest electric wheelchair, it is advisable to study the offers on the Internet. Here you will often find cheaper models or used electric wheelchairs.
If the electric wheelchair is only needed temporarily, for example as part of a rehab after a hospital stay, a rental service is also an option. Ask about a rehab service near you. You can also give information at your health insurance. If you get the electric wheelchair on prescription, so it is funded by the health or nursing care, you should inquire there how the process is going. As a rule, the health insurance companies have contracts with providers of power wheelchairs, who then deliver the equipment to you and adapt it.
4.3. What advantages does an electric wheelchair offer over a manual wheelchair?
An electric wheelchair is equipped with a motor, the movement does not take place – as with manual wheelchairs – on the power of the arms. This way, you can usually travel longer distances and this is much more comfortable than with a wheelchair that you need to drive yourself.
The advantages and disadvantages of the electric wheelchair compared to a manual wheelchair:
- Self-reliance even with severe physical restriction
- more mobility: even longer distances are possible
- less effort
- higher acquisition costs
- running costs due to electricity needs
4.4. Electric wheelchair test: What does Kideo Player say?
The experts of the Kideo Player have not yet awarded an electric wheelchair test winner. But on their website, they have provided some information for wheelchair users travelling with an electric wheelchair. Depending on the model and its maximum speed, certain rules must be adhered to.