See here the list of Top 10 best laptops for college students. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones.
- AMD A9-9425 Dual Core accelerated processor 3.1 GHz (up to 3.7 GHz) ; AMD Radeon R5
- 4GB DDR4 RAM; 128GB SSD; DVD-RW
- 15.6" 1366 x 768 HD display & Energy-efficient LED backlight
- POWERED BY INTEL: The Lenovo Flex 11 packs a punch with powerful Intel Pentium processing, 4 GB DDR4 memory and speedy 64GB of...
- ON THE GO LAPTOP: Weighing in at just 2.75 lbs. and constructed with premium materials, this small, convertible laptop transitions...
- VERSATILE CONNECTIVITY: With multiple ports including USB 3.0, Type-C, HDMI, and a 4-in-1 card reader, you'll be able to hook up...
- Up to 8 hours of battery life with quick recharge technology to power your laptop computer up to 80%
- Comprehensive protection with Windows 10 helps protect against viruses, malware, and ransomware
- Convenient TrueBlock privacy shutter allows you to physically close your webcam when you're not using it
- 15. 6" 1366 x 768 HD resolution LED backlight display. Intel HD Graphics 400
- Intel Celeron Processor N3060 @ 1. 60GHz (2 Core, 2M Cache, up to 2. 48 GHz)
- 4GB LPDDR3, 16GB em, No Optical Drive
- Ready for drops and spills with rugged construction with reinforced rubber guards, easy grip handles, and a spill resistant...
- Lightweight 2.65 pound body and rugged construction that can be dropped from 3.9 feet* so you can take it anywhere without...
- 11.6 inches HD 1366x768 Anti-Glare Display, with 180 degree hinge for easy viewing
- 1.4 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
- 4 GB of 1600 MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 128 GB PCIe-based flash storage
- Up to 11 hours battery life on a single charge
- Built in security Features ensure you're protected from viruses and Malware
- 11.6 inches HD anti reflective Display
- 15.6" HD display with 1366 x 768 resolution, Powered by a 2.70GHz AMD A12-9720P Quad core processor
- 1TB 5,400rpm HDD hard drive provides plenty of storage, 8GB DDR4 memory
- 802.11 ac Wi-Fi technology provides Internet speeds up to 3x faster than other laptops, Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to...
- Open/Edit MS Office Files Using Free Embedded Quick Office Editor or Google Docs for Free
- 15.6in HD Backlit LED Display (1366 x 768) with ComfyView Technology, Integrated HD Webcam
- Intel Dual-Core Celeron N3060 (Up to 2.48GHz, 2MB Cache), 2GB Ram, 16GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 400
- Personal Computers
The Best Student Laptops 2019
The best laptops for every study and budget. If you are still studying, the costs can eventually get over your head. Luckily, we’ve put together the best student laptops for you. We help you to save money. Not only are these budget-friendly devices delivering beautiful style and performance. Rather, they also save money – so even the most frugal students can get into the action. We know that saving a new laptop while studying can be difficult. That’s why the best student laptops do not have the best processor or graphics.
What makes a good laptop for students?
Rather, these laptops provide what they need to get their job done – no frills as an accessory. Also, they are not limited to Windows 10 – the Chromebooks are among the best student laptops. They allow you to find the best options for your studies while saving a lot of money.
Do not limit yourself to an old junk box
The next few years will be stressful, but the right tool is worth the cost if it helps you achieve your degree. To alleviate the frustration, we have listed the best student laptops below. So you can buy one for yourself or a loved one. You no longer have to confine yourself to an old scrap box. When making a purchase, be careful not to commit one of the common mistakes.
Save money – with the best student laptops
Fortunately, when you buy Black Friday and Cyber Monday, you can save even more on the best student laptops. We expect massive offers from laptop manufacturers such as Dell and Apple – as well as the extensive Black Friday sales campaigns by retailers such as Amazon and Ebay, which take place annually.
1. Huawei Matebook X Pro
For the luxury of learning
CPU: Intel Core i7-8550U 8th Generation | Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620, Nvidia GeForce MX150 | RAM: 16GB | Display: 13.9 inch 3K (3,000 x 2,000) LED with touch screen | Mass storage: 512GB SSD
+ Beautiful design
+ Long battery life
– No SD card slot available
Now and then we get a laptop in the finger, which completely revolutionized everything – such as the Huawei Matebook X Pro. Not only does it boast state-of-the-art, high-performance components (such as an 8th generation Kaby Lake R processor and 16GB of RAM), it’s also beautiful – and brings together the latest trends in ultrabook design. What’s particularly impressive is that he does all of this and is much cheaper than his competitors. That makes him one of the best student laptops. You will not get a more powerful laptop for less than the Matebook X Pro.
2. Dell XPS 13
Return to class with the best in the industry
CPU: Intel Core i5 – i7 8th Generation | Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620 | RAM: 4GB – 16GB | Display: 13.3 inches FHD (1.920 x 1.080, non-touch) – UHD (3.840 x 2.160; touch screen) | Mass storage: 128GB – 1TB SSD
+ Beautiful new design
+ Low entry price
– White version is more expensive
The Dell XPS 13 may be the best laptop for students – and we’re not just saying that. In recent years, we have watched with awe as Dell surpasses his best ultrabook every year. Ultra-thin, lightweight and powerful enough to handle anything students might want to fire on – the Dell XPS 13 is back. It may be a bit expensive, but you get the best laptop a student can ever want.
3. Samsung Galaxy Book w720
The beginning of a new era for 2-in-1 laptops
CPU: Intel Core i5 7th Generation | Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620 | RAM: 8GB | Display: 12 inches | Mass Storage: 256GB SSD
+ Excellent 2-in-1 device
– Uneven battery life
– Small display
The Galaxy Book w720 is not just one of the best student laptops – it’s exactly what you expect from the top 2-in-1 laptops. The focus is on the S-Pen, Samsung’s own pen with 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity (as many as the Microsoft Surface Pen). A clever little accessory that is not just for taking notes. He may not have the brightest screen, but he still has all the features students need.
4. Microsoft Surface Book 2
The view over the edge of the plate
CPU: Intel Core i5-i7 8th Generation | Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620 | RAM: 8GB – 16GB | Display: 13.5 “, 2256 x 1504 PixelSense Touch Display | Mass storage: 128GB – 1TB SSD
+ Enormous performance boost
– Still no Thunderbolt 3
The original Surface Laptop was already one of the best student laptops. Unfortunately, it was slowed by the sluggish performance and the lack of modern ports. With the Surface Laptop 2, however, everything has improved – except for the connections. You get a quad-core Kaby Lake Refresh processor, Windows 10 in the full version and a new black colour that looks as good as it feels. We would have wished that he had at least a single USB-C port. But that does not change the fact that with the Surface Laptop 2 you can do all your chores in style.
5. Microsoft Surface Go
A surface for everyone
CPU: Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y | Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 615 | RAM: 4GB – 8GB | Display: 10 “, 1,800 x 1,200 (217 ppi; 3: 2 aspect ratio) PixelSense Touch Display | Mass Storage: 64GB eMMC – 128GB SSD
+ Fantastic workmanship
– Pentium CPU
In our opinion, the best laptop for students combines price and performance in an attractive way, without looking like a relic from a bygone era. The Microsoft Surface Go is not only one of the best Windows tablets, but also one of the best student laptops. Do not be fooled by the low-power processor – Microsoft has developed this 2-in-1 system to keep up with all your schoolwork without worry. Trust us: You can not go wrong with the Surface Go, especially if you have a limited budget. Go is also on the shortlist for my new travel laptop.
6. Dell XPS 15
More of what we love
CPU: Intel Core i5-i7 8th Generation | Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 – Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti | RAM: 8GB – 32GB | Display: 15.6 inch FHD (1.920 x 1.080) – 4K UHD (3.840 x 2.160) LED with optional touch display | Mass Storage: 1TB 5,400RPM HDD – 1TB PCIe SSD
+ Abundant performance
– More of the same type
Dell’s XPS range has been among the best student laptops for years, and the new XPS 15 is no exception. According to the motto “As long as it works, do not change anything”, nothing significant has changed over the years. But that’s not necessarily a bad sign. What you get here is a reliable ultrabook with enough power to take you through your entire university time. There are no additional costs. While the entry level is quite adequate for most people, this model can be configured with a Core i7 CPU and 32 GB of RAM. This makes the Dell XPS 15 a great workstation for media editing. We just wished that Dell moved the webcam.
7. Microsoft Surface Pro 6
Tablet? Laptop? Both!
CPU: Intel Core i5 – i7 8th Generation | Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620 | RAM: 4GB – 16GB | Display: 12.3 “, 2,736 x 1,824 PixelSense Display | Mass storage: 128GB – 1TB SSD
+ Quad-core processor
+ Long battery life
– Still no USB-C
The Microsoft Surface Pro product line has always been one of the best student laptops. Beautiful touch screens, excellent mobility and a long battery life are the features. Although the Surface Pro 6 does not necessarily offer something new, it continues the tradition perfectly. You get a fast Windows 10 tablet PC, which can easily be converted into a laptop using the Surface Type Cover. You can do your work and then easily switch to pause mode. The Surface Pro 6 convinces with the best surface quality, even if only just.
8. Lenovo Yoga 530
A wonderful treasure for students
CPU: Intel Core i5-8250U | Graphics: Intel HD Graphics | RAM: 8GB DDR4 | Display: 14 inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) IPS; Multi-touch | Mass Storage: Up to 256GB SSD
+ High performance in daily use
– Basic models are not worthwhile
The study, with all the textbooks and tuition, can be extremely expensive. That’s why the best student laptops offer a respectable performance at a reasonable price – and that’s where the Lenovo Flex 14 comes in. For a four-digit amount, you will receive an ultrabook that can handle everything that is presented to you during the semester. In addition, the Ultrabook looks great while you use it – with a brilliant touch screen and 2-in-1 features. You will hardly find a better laptop at a lower price. Trust us.
9. MacBook Pro 15 “
Thin, Powerful, Elegant
CPU: Intel Core i7 – i9 8th Generation | Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 555X – 560X, Intel UHD Graphics 630 | RAM: 16GB – 32GB | Display: 15.4 inches, 2,880 x 1,800 Retina Display | Mass Storage: 512GB – 4TB SSD
+ Beautiful design
+ Excellent performance
If money does not matter – and you prefer the MacOS – the new MacBook Pro is for you. With its impressive Hexacore processor and up to 32 GB of RAM, this Cupertino workstation will take you through all the work processes of your class level – even if you have video and photo editing. It also includes an improved butterfly keyboard. Not only is it less distracting for the students around you, it’s also less prone to breakdowns.