See here the list of Top 10 best mattress. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones.
- Conforming Green Tea Memory Foam comfort and pressure relieving support for a better night's sleep, foam is CertiPUR US...
- 3 inches Memory Foam, 2 inches Comfort Foam, 3.5 inches Airflow High density Foam, 3.5 inches Airflow High density Base Support...
- A safe and trustworthy anti oxidant, Zinus infuses its memory foam products with natural green tea extract to maintain product...
- Amazing comfort from body conforming memory foam
- Feel like you are floating on a cloud; No Pressure Points; Deeper Sleep
- Mattress layers: 3 inches memory foam, 2 inches Super Soft Foam with pressure relief system and 5 inches high density foam
- Motion isolation for a peaceful undisturbed sleep- sweet night 12 inch Queen mattress constructed with 775 coils individually...
- 3-Zone pocket Spring contoured for optimal support- the 3 zone independent pocketed Spring design ensures that your body weight is...
- Health and bed mattresses. Quilted knit pillow Top cover is skin friendly. Certipur-us Certified foam Made without harmful...
- 8 Inch hybrid mattress combines memory foam with the traditional support of an innerspring mattress for a medium firm feel perfect...
- A plush layer of memory foam helps align the spine to minimize pressure points for increased comfort
- Finished with a cozy knit cover, this mattress is compressed and shipped in a box for convenient delivery and setup
- ✅ ADAPTIVE FOAM: Constructed with freshly poured T&N Adaptive foam, this queen size mattress provides a bouncy yet supportive...
- ✅ HIGH QUALITY: Our high-grade foam is more advanced than outdated materials such as latex and memory foam which cause you to...
- ✅ NO RISK: Mattress has a full refund guarantee with a 100-Night Sleep Trial plus an honest, 10-year limited warranty you can...
- ATTENTION: Please keep enough distance from the mattress as it may smack people when unpacking.✔✔【Pressure Relief & Motion...
- ✔【Cool Mattress to Sleep On】- Inofia innovative full memory foam mattress queen has advantage over traditional mattresses,...
- ✔【CertiPUR-US Certified Foam Mattress】- Inofia hybrid full bed mattress is healthy to sleep on, all foam inside are...
- QUEEN SIZE BED IN A BOX: For supportive, dreamy sleeping, this mattress brings it home with ultra plush layers. Plus, it comes in...
- HYBRID MATTRESS: Ultra plush mattress is designed with gel memory foam and 680 individual power packed wrapped coils for maximum...
- MAINTENANCE FREE: Made of hypoallergenic material to keep out dust mites, pollen, mold and pet dander-perfect for kids or adults...
- Bamboo charcoal infusions eliminate odors and pull moisture away from the skin for a naturally hypoallergenic bed
- High quality transition foam infused with aloe vera creates a calming and relaxing sleep environment that promotes daily freshness
- Medium plush feel; memory foam, transition foam, and coils bring soft and gentle comfort underpinned by a well balanced layer of...
- This high-profile hybrid combines the edge support of an innerspring mattress with the comfort and adaptability of memory foam
- Heavy gauge, 8-inch coils topped with transition foam and a 2-inch layer of gel memory foam make this the softest bed in the...
- Gel-infused memory foam provides extra support and dissipates heat normally locked in by memory foam
- The latest in sleep technology, 2.5 inches of cool gel memory foam for temperature regulation and 3 inches of poly gel foam for...
- Beautifully detailed waterfall edge cover with four way stretch top and charcoal gray knit sides works with the memory foam to...
- The three layers of only the highest quality gel, memory and high density base foam work together to bring you the luxury you...
Mattresses Guide: Everything you have to consider
It follows now our mattress guide in which we explain everything, what you have to consider when buying. After looking at a mattress test and looking for one or the other product comparison for their favourite mattress, we answer the last questions.
Standard size table: 80 × 200, 140 × 200 & more
We have already mentioned it above in the dimensions among the important aspects that must be considered in a mattress test: The size of the mattress is a crucial criterion. Fortunately, one does not rely on the arbitrariness of the manufacturers but can be based on the standard sizes, which provide the manufacturers for the trade.
Origin and history of the mattress
The term mattress comes from the early Italian term “Matarazzo”, which in turn goes back to an Arabic term whose meaning is translated as floor cushions. Accordingly, there were mattresses in ancient times. Even slatted frames had the early beds of the Greeks and Romans, but not in the form of wooden slats, but in the form of straps. On these straps, the actual mattress was laid, which in turn consisted of skins, carpets, wool or natural fibres. Reeds, hay and feathers or down have also been used to fill the mattresses.
In fact, mattresses were an absolute luxury compared to today’s standard. The demands on the mattresses have risen only after the Second World War. Before that, the lower and middle classes used harder materials such as sacks of chaff, reeds and seagrass fillings, or other harder materials. It was not until the end of the 19th century that mattresses became popular in the bourgeois class. After the Second World War, new technologies and fillers such as PU foam or synthetic latex made for the existence of a new standard.
Explanation of the degrees of hardness: H1, H2, and H3
We have already briefly discussed the degrees of hardness but would like to devote a separate section to this important topic. As already explained, the degrees of hardness are not standardized. Although mattresses are offered in different hardnesses, the grades themselves may differ depending on the producer. Even within the same product group of the same producer, there are sometimes big differences in terms of actual strength and hardness – although both mattresses are offered with the same degree of hardness.
Basically, the degree of hardness is divided into three levels, the degree of hardness 1, degree of hardness 2 and the degree of hardness 3. However, since the manufacturers can freely decide which degree of hardness means exactly what and hardness, some manufacturers have also decided to scale from 1 to divide to 5. So there are also mattresses, which are available in hardness grade 4 and grade 5.
- The degree of hardness 1 (H1) describes soft mattresses, which are suitable for light persons up to a bodyweight of 60 kg.
- The second degree of hardness (H2) describes middle mattresses for persons with 60 – 80 kg body weight.
- Hardness 3 (H3), in turn, applies to hard mattresses suitable for persons weighing more than 80 kg.
The size and stature of man are completely ignored in this consideration. Therefore, the degree of hardness when buying the mattress is occupied in most cases only with a very low significance. In fact, you should rely more on test-bedding or mattress testing. Only then can you be sure that the mattress is really up to you and that it meets all the different parameters of your body.
In this context, the mattress technology used, the height and the slatted frame are much more important criteria than the degree of hardness, as this allows adjustments to be made to increase lying comfort.
Hygiene: Proper cleaning & care
Do you know how to properly care and clean a mattress? Of course, the care and cleaning of a mattress ultimately depends on the type of mattress or mattress technology. An air mattress, for example, you can simply wipe, which is again not possible with a pocket spring mattress. In the following, we assume a mattress with surface textile and foam filling, no matter whether it is just a topper of a water mattress or a cold foam mattress.
Emma mattress as good as her reputation?
Do you know the Emma mattress? Just like the Casper mattress and many other mattresses, it is the product of one of the startups that has invested heavily in recent years, and who have become well known through advertising. They have revolutionized the sleep market in the sense that they have put an end to the general assumption that you need an expensive and very special mattress.
Instead, all startups have limited themselves to one or at least very few different models and offered them from the point of view of marketing for all audiences. As a rule, such mattresses, including the Emma mattress, are cold foam mattresses. Now for the Emma mattress in particular: The Emma mattress is one of the few that has made it over the past few years. The German startup offers today three different Emma mattresses. These include Emma One, Emma Original and Emma Air. The products are relatively eponymous in terms of purpose.
Emma One: The basic model for a price starting from just under 300 €. It offers, so to speak, the minimum with a decent comfort and an anti-allergenic circulation, which by the way also bring with it the larger models.
Emma Original: This is the actual Emma mattress, which is characterized by three different layers.
Emma Air: Recent developments have produced the most expensive model of the Emma mattress, Emma Air. They can be bought from around € 560. It also consists of three layers, but the lowest layer is characterized by helical cavities that maximize body fit and, in particular, breathability.
Emma mattress in the test of the Stiftung Warentest
It looks as if the Stiftung Warentest in a test from the year 2016 was not really impressed by the Emma mattress. In contrast to the advertising slogan, the mattress does not fit all people, but only for small and light people, as it was relatively soft.
However, the manufacturer has revised the mattress and the new model has been tested by consumer organization Consumentenbond from the Netherlands in March 2017. In this test, the mattress received 7.7 out of 10 points and thus reached the place of the test winner. It must be said that in this test only four different types of beds were used as a criterion. At Stiftung Warentest, however, there were eight different types of beds. In addition, the bad note was strongly influenced by the odour nuisance and missing handles at Stiftung Warentest.
Is the mattress as good as your reputation?
Unfortunately, you can not answer the flat rate. The reputation has not come in vain. Sure, marketing has had a big impact on that, but somehow Emma and the company behind it eventually survived the mattress fight of recent years.
Interestingly, however, is the fact that these many startups with the million-dollar investments and the great marketing just shot out of the ground, when there was a big stir around the so-called antiparticle mattress or when this celebrated its first success – without much marketing and at a much cheaper price. Whether large mattress manufacturers founded or financially supported the new startups to re-launch the mattress market as it were, or whether the startups simply jumped onto the revolutionary bandwagon, must be considered in detail.
In any case, we recommend that you lay the mattress sample. That works exactly as the manufacturer promises. In the test, the money was back in the account after 20-30 days after having returned the mattress. Incidentally, test-benching does not only work with the Emma mattress – many other manufacturers now offer a test-run of 100 days.
Best ever tested mattress: Bodyguard
Have you heard of the best mattress ever tested in advertising? It is the so-called Antikartellmatratze, today known as the so-called bodyguard mattress. The bodyguard is available in different sizes and degrees of hardness, whereby two degrees of hardness are always present together. So there is the mattress in the hardness garden has 3 under 4, which means something like: One side has hardness H4, the other hardness H3. So you can adjust the hardness so in two stages if you buy the Bodyguard mattress.
This advantage has also been recognized by Stiftung Warentest. According to Stiftung Warentest, the mattress from Bett1 is actually the best mattress ever tested and is therefore quite rightly entitled to the title. Below we introduce the two different variants of the Bodyguard mattress, which means the two different available hardness settings. Otherwise, there is the mattress in the different standard sizes and only on Amazon and Bett1.de to buy. The mattress is rated by the way with 4-5 stars.
Hints for special target groups
Mattress manufacturers often tailor their mattresses to the needs of individual target groups. For example, there are the target group of side sleepers or abdominal sleepers as well as the target group of particularly heavy or especially light people. Below we give you an overview of different target groups and show you what you have to keep in mind:
Place of use of baby mattresses
You’ve probably seen a baby mattress before. These are mattresses that are comparatively small, often no larger than the footprint of a stroller. We show you where you can use a baby mattress
Important components & functions
In the following, we will show you the important functions and components of mattresses. Many mattresses reviews are not exactly what we want to address this gap. Let’s start with the massage function.
Information about the mattress cover
Not only the mattress but also the cover of the mattress is an important criterion when it comes to the purchase of a mattress or the consideration of a mattress test. In the following, we will give you an overview of different covers or what has to be considered with regard to a mattress cover
Where to buy cheap mattress?
Do you know where to buy a cheap mattress? We did not find any detailed information about different offers and shops as well as online portals in the mattress test reports. Therefore, we give below an overview of where you can get cheap to a mattress:
What to look out for health complaints
If you suffer from ailments, you can alleviate the symptoms with the right mattress and even help to cure the disease. For this, you have to pay attention to some things that depend on the disease. A short overview:
Questions and answers
We always get similar questions about mattresses. In addition, we have received an above-average number of questions on this topic, which is probably due to the fact that the topic of mattresses appeals to virtually every person. To forestall you, we have summarized the most common questions below and briefly answered:
When to change mattress / When is she worn?
A mattress does not necessarily have to be saggy if it already has a small hollow. In fact, for example, cold foam mattresses and viscoelastic mattresses often have a small recliner but that is not so bad. You should not change the mattress until you realize that it is no longer properly spring-loaded or that it does not adequately adhere to your body.
Partner mattress or 2 individuals?
Ultimately, it depends on personal preference, whether you prefer a partner mattress or two single mattresses. The advantage of two mattresses is the independent possible care and the fact that you do not notice as much of the movements of the partner as with a single mattress. But you have no annoying groove in the middle and in most cases, you are also cheaper off.
What is a futon?
A futon is a Japanese bed or mat used as a bed in Japan. The futon can be rolled out and is relatively hard compared to our mattresses.
Best mattress from advertising?
The mattress from advertising is probably the mattress from Bett1.de, even if there is relatively little advertising from this mattress. These are the well-known anti-cartel mattresses or the bodyguard mattress.
Best mattress ever tested?
The best mattress ever tested is the Bodyguard mattress or the anticartmat mattress, at least if you follow the mattress test of Stiftung Warentest.
What are natural mattresses?
Natural mattresses are mattresses that consist of natural raw materials from an ecological point of view. These are for example mattresses made of natural latex or mattresses with natural stuffing made of straw or other natural materials or from renewable raw materials.
Use soda for cleaning?
You can use soda to clean a mattress. The advantage of soda is that it creates a certain foaming effect due to the formation of carbon dioxide. However, we recommend a professional mattress cleaner.
Why a mattress pad/topper?
A mattress topper is therefore very important to protect the mattress from contamination – because it is extremely difficult to rid the actual mattress or the foam of impurities. In addition, a topper ensures an adaptation of the sleeping environment to personal needs.
Mattresses for caravans and cars?
Mattresses for the car and for the caravan need not necessarily differ from the mattresses for the bed. Ultimately, it is your personal decision with the restriction that you should better not use particularly heavy mattresses. These include besides waterbeds also the latex mattresses. They are unwieldy and, in the worst case, can negatively affect the centre of gravity of the vehicle. Often also used for caravans folding mattresses.
Price fixing in the mattress industry?
Of course, there are price-fixing in the mattress industry. In fact, there are price-fixing in virtually every industry. The reason is simple: In most cases, the price agreement is worth financially – despite antitrust. If you are interested in this area, we recommend that you investigate the background of the so-called anticartmat mattress. We have found an interesting documentary on cartels from WISO. Here is the docu: