The ongoing pandemic has impacted OTT platforms in both positive and negative ways. Netflix, just as others, has benefited by adding new subscribers throughout the lockdown as an advantage. But it also suffered downfalls like delayed productions and canceled filming, eventually leaving less content available for the audience.
Many of its affiliated production houses have stopped shooting to avoid being infected with the COVID-19, which is now pressuring Netflix to look out for new content to keep its audience afloat.
We’ve seen Netflix announcing new programs like Keanu Reeves’ BRZRKR, a thriller series from Benedict Cumberbatch, buying rights for Knives Out sequels, Sony Pictures, and even pledging to make over 40 new anime series. While all these get us exciting, they may not be possible in this year alone.
Yet, Netflix is ramping up in all ways possible to entertain the audience, and here’s a list of all possible shows coming on Netflix this year, with probable dates;
List of Best Netflix Shows, Series and Seasons Releasing in 2021
- Stranger Things Season 4 – Expected Release: Spring 2022
- Virgin River season – Expected Release: Late 2021
- Money Heist Season 5 – Expected Release: September 2021.
- Cowboy Bebop – Expected Release: Fall of 2021
- The Witcher season 2 – Expected Release: Summer of 2021
- Yasuke – Expected Release: April 29, 2021
- Shadow and Bone- Expected Release: April 23, 2021
- Sex Education season 3 – Expected Release: Summer or fall of 2021
- Ozark season 4 – Expected Release: Late 2021.
- Lucifer season 5 (Part 2) – Expected Release: May 28, 2021.