See here the list of Top 10 best portable wagons. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones.
- 3 wagons in 1 with canopy - Hauling, 2 rider seating, & bench seating
- Only Radio Flyer folding and collapsible wagon pass ASTM f963-16 toy safety standard
- Folding wagon with easy one hand fold and zippers transform into bench seating
- A new adventure gathering features you loved in the original "The Oregon Trail" plus great new ones!
- Create your own frontier village, add buildings, livestock, crops and keep your people happy
- Meet some famous names from history or talk to villagers to uncover quests and true historical facts
- Lonely Planet Food
- Lonely Planet Food
- Kindle Edition
- LARGE CAPACITY - Sets up in seconds, No assembly required! Outside Dimensions Approx: 35" x 20" x 23". Size (inside)- Approx. 32 L...
- CONVENIENT COMPACT STORAGE - Wagon folds to only 8" thick! Folded size approx. 29.5" x 20" x 8" and includes a convenient carry...
- LIGHTEN THE LOAD! - The heavy duty frame allows loads up to 150 lbs., and the Durable 600D Fabric can be easily cleaned. UV and...
- ROOMY INTERIOR - Large Capacity Wagon opens to approx 43.7" x 20.2" x 22.5" and SETS UP IN SECONDS - No Assembly Required!
- CONVENIENT COMPACT STORAGE - Wagon folds to only 8" Thick! Folded size approx 29.5" x 20.2" x 8" and includes a protective cover
- LIGHTEN THE LOAD! The heavy duty frame allows loads up to 150 lbs, and the Durable 600D Fabric can be easily cleaned.
- HIGH QUALITY: Collapsible outdoor wagon cart uses sturdy steel frame and durable hardware, adopting full welding to make frame...
- BIG CAPITY & USE WIDELY: Collapsible outdoor wagon cart has 110L large-capacity internal storage, the max capacity is 170lbs,...
- EASY TO FOLD & STORE: Folding collapsible outdoor wagon cart has internal pull rope design, it can be folded in 3 seconds. No need...
- HEAVY DUTY - Folding outdoor utility wagon has a large capacity interior, perfect for storing camping gear, beach toys, snacks,...
- COMPACT STORAGE - Wagon cart folds to only 10" thick for easy storage in a car trunk or coat closet. Folded size measures...
- SIDE TABLE - Foldable wagon features 2 built-in cup holders and a mobile phone holder. Ensures that all of your drinks and snacks...
- Ready-to-use kit includes everything needed to transport waste from your RV or trailer to a dump station when you're parked too...
- Large, heavy-duty, no-flat wheels with bearings make transporting the tow tank smooth and effortless. Removable steel tow adapter...
- Gate valves make emptying the tote tank easier, and the smooth interior is easy to clean via the integrated tank rinser
- Lightweight for children to pull on their own
- Quick and easy set-up, unfolds and folds in under 5 seconds, includes 2 straps
- Ideal for sporting events, concerts, trips to the park, or hauling toys
- PROFESSIONAL BLACK MULTIPURPOSE WAGON: Extra large heavy duty all terrain folding utility wagon with a large load capacity and...
- PUSH OR PULL, 2 ADJUSTABLE HANDLES: The perfect utility wagon that's ideal for use at the beach, gardening, sporting events,...
- 4" WIDE RUBBER ALL-TERRAIN WHEELS: Wagon opens easily and folds into a compact size seconds with one pull of the strap inside the...
1. The Coleman Camp Wagon
The Coleman Camp Wagon is a mid-priced model that is highly popular with the camping and outdoor activity communities. It has a range of excellent features, including a robust polyester bin and swivel frame for use on rugged terrain, and a telescoping handle for easy handling.
Great Nimble Steering On This Folding Utility Wagon
There are also swivel-front wheels to ensure your car does not get stuck in uneven surfaces, and it is constructed in an accordion-style design so you can fold up and carry when not in use. The Coleman Camp Wagon is an excellent little product that is easy to set up, great to look at, and offers a smooth ride across the toughest of surfaces. It’s a little bigger than the average folding wagon, so could come in handy when it comes to pulling gear – and when your kids get tired walking back from the beach.
A Heavy Duty Wagon That’s Just A Bit Too Weighty
However, the frame is actually a lot heavier than you could expect from a highly portable wagon. Once you load up your camping gear, pets, or even your children, you’ll want to get some smooth terrain, let alone the rugged landscapes you find on camping trips. And, so it’s very tight, very fast. Still, it’s sturdy, well-made, and at a good price point which will attract those on a budget.
TimberRidge’s offering takes on a level for the serious camping enthusiast. It’s a bit of a beast, with big dimensions in all directions and a gorgeous steel frame that screams durability. Pride of place, however, are the 8-inch diameter wheels – the front two of which are rotatable. Finally, TimberRIdge can be used when not in use.
A Heavy Duty Wagon Cart That Folds Up Nicely
So, what’s the news about this little folding wagon from TimberRidge? Well, first and foremost, it’s a large, durable affair. And once you fold it down, it takes up very little space, so it’s great for transporting in the car before your camping trip. Next, let’s get stuck in these impressive wheels. As you can imagine, you can rock around at the flat, but the 8-inch wheels are also good enough to handle the tough terrain. You can get through sand, too, although in reality, it’s always going to be tough when the beach surface is deep and soft. -There are inflatable alternatives that want to work better than the standard, plastic-molded set.
Handle Could Be Too Short If You’re Tall
Another issue is the length of the handle. Despite the fact that they are big and spacious, if you are averagely tall or tall, it is likely you are going to get a fair amount of stooping. We’ve got to say that in comparison to the Coleman, it’s disappointing, especially since the TimberRidge is a lot more expensive at full price.
Finally, let’s take a look at the Mac Sports All Terrain Utility Wagon. Features include a super durable frame, tough fabric, and compact folding. There’s an adjustable handle, too, and it’s worth noting that the Mac Sports Wagon has a pair of drinks located by the handle. But how does it stack up? Let’s take a look.
3. A Truly All Terrain Collapsible Wagon For Hauling Gear
The Mac Sports Folding Utility Wagon is an impressive piece of kit. The fabric covering and metal frames are incredibly durable, and perfect for those long treks while on a camping trip. You can pull up to 100 pounds of cargo with relative ease across all sorts of surfaces, and it should be a while before you start to see any signs of wear and tear at all. Beyond the central holding area, one feature really stands out – the wheels. They are lovely and wide, which prevents you from getting stuck in ruts, or clogged in soft sand.
A Learning Curve Involved In Steering The Cart
However, one thing about the Mac Sports is involved. We managed to tip over the wagon a few times when we were getting started with it, and to be honest it was a bit of a worry. The good news is that if you persist and get the cart, it will reward you. Another issue is that the car has a slight habit of tipping when carrying heavy loads – and you want to experience this when you’re stacking your gear over a couple of feet of the top of the car. It’s an annoying issue in an exemplary piece of kit.
The Sports is an Excellent Wagon and Offers an Extraordinary Value. It’s durable, versatile, and can get you over all kinds of terrain. The large 10 “wheels make it quite suitable for the beach, they do not dig into the sand like the other models here. This particular model even makes it to our recommendable list for campers. Just make sure you keep your load around the recommended weight mark and put it down, or you might end up tipping your gear everywhere.
After the Plaudits we’ve just given the Heavy Duty version of the Mac Sports Wagon this is a lot to live up to.
Like the previous wagon, this is so easy to set up and fold away thanks to the tried and tested centre-pull mechanism. The frame is also very similar in terms of construction, which is why it probably has the same 150lb maximum load rating.
Small slim wheels mean it’s not great on the beach
However, the Coleman offering this is never going to work on loose sand. This is not the model you want for regular days at the beach. The narrow wheels are just right, especially with heavier loads. You might be getting away with it on compact snow, and with lighter loads but that’s it.
Upright storage almost impossible
One last little bugbear of this and other models is the inability to lock the wheels. The free-wheeling wheels are almost impossible.
Will not stand up when folded
150lb load rating seems high
Overall there’s a lot to like about the Mac Sports – the price is far more competitive than the heavy-duty version. So if you’re not planning on using it at the beach for anything too taxing then it’s worth serious consideration. Hauling heavy camping gear, wet laundry or your weekly groceries around. It’s a durable product but it has its limitations. The claimed 150lb maximum load seems like a bit of exaggeration to us. Stay under the 100lb mark and keep the load height low and you’ll be fine.
The Verdict: Which Collapsible Folding Wagon Would We Purchase?
So who picks up the title for our favourite folding car? Without a doubt, that’s the Mac Sports All Terrain Utility Wagon. It’s an exceptional heavy-duty cart that, despite its minor problems, is streets ahead of the other competitors. It’s reasonable value, too, and perfect for any camping enthusiast – and many others. The cheaper Mac Sports model wants to be just fine for lighter duties around the campground or at home. It is not made for the beach though or for lugging heavier loads around the manufacturer claims.
The Coleman is a similar alternative to the standard Mac Sports model, sharing the slimmer wheel design. If you’re a fan of the brand then there’s a lot to like with the Coleman Folding Wagon thanks to its good value and portability.
Unfortunately for TimberRidge, the short handle issue on their wagon is just too much issue, even though you are a small stature, there is enough to enjoy.
What to look for in a heavy-duty car – A letter buying guide
1. Ease of folding/unfolding
A collapsible folding wagon needs to be easy to set up and put back again when not in use. Furthermore, the size of the cart once folded down. Better models wants to be more compact and take less space in the trunk of your car. Space is always a premium on car camping trips.
2. Capacity and volume
You need to know that the foldable wagon you have has enough space for your intended use. Car camping or going to the beach are potentially gear heavy pastimes. A wagon storage compartment can vary wildly in capacity with some models offering as little as 2.5 cubic feet of volume and another offering up to 4.5 cubic feet. That’s a 45% difference in volume.
3. Quality of materials
If you’re taking your car to the beach, chances are you’ll just be dragging towels, sunscreen and snacks. If you’re using it in the garden, then you’ll need something that can take a bit of rough and tumble. The material which forms the basis of the storage wants to be durable if it comes in contact with tools and groceries.
4. Steering and stability
Some carts are easier to use than others. Three-wheeled models specifically might take some getting used to. If you’re using the wagon over rough terrain then a four-wheeled option might be better. The height of the cart or the depth of the storage area will affect stability. So choose wisely based on your intended use. If the cargo is precious then it will be the order of the day.