See here the list of Top 10 best salt-free water softener. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones.
- Extra Cartridge and Re-Charge Kit Included, PSC1-Gen4, Salt Free Water Softener, BPA FREE, NSF Certification, Included 2 micron...
- All-in-one water softener/water filtration cartridge with 4 - 6 month cartidge life
- Commercial grade descaler that eliminates hard water deposits and conditions water
- 5 Micron carbon block elimates chlorine for 15,000 gallons. Removes rust, dirt, and delivers purified, soft water
- Obsessively engineered water descaler to naturally reduce scale build-up on internal pipes and plumbing - salt chemical free.
- Salt-free technology - No cleaning, backwashing, salt-bags or electricity required.
- For all your water needs - drinking, cooking, showering and bathing - make it salt-free for city or well water.
- The Salt free water softener uses the latest design of 3-in-1 cartridge, which can double soften the water and make the efficiency...
- Water softener media is a food-grade material extracted and modified from fruits. It contains no phosphorus and has a neutral PH....
- Adopts a radial flow design with a filtration area of up to 150sq.in to guarantee your water flow. It can not only inhibit three...
- ONEFLOW+ WATER FILTRATION: The OneFlow+ System uses Template Assisted Crystallization (TAC) rated most effective scale prevention...
- ONEFLOW+ PERFORMANCE: Reduces scale build-up in water heating devices, pipes, and on fixtures; improving the water flow and...
- SCALE PREVENTION: The OneFlow Media cartridge is used for the prevention of scale build-up which can last up to 250, 000 gallons...
- Designed for 3-6 bathrooms homes with 15 gallons/minute flow rate, FUTURA-15 effectively prevents scale buildup and prolongs...
- Easy to install and lasting for years, this maintenance-free system does not require electricity, backwash, drainage for...
- The system conditions water without slimy feeling and offers much easier clean-up of hard water spots on cars, windows and dishes....
- Cleans existing scale
- Environmentally friendly
- No Electricity Needed
- SCALE PREVENTION: Prevents and removes lime-scale accumulation by sequestering hard minerals and inhibiting precipitation and the...
- CORROSION INHIBITION: Forms a protective coating on metal surfaces and provide corrosion protection against acidity, alkalinity,...
- CHLORINE REMOVAL: Utilizes 5 micron, coconut carbon block filtration to remove chlorine odor and taste.
- ✅ HOW IT WORKS BETTER: Yarna EWD03 is a physical water treatment system. It treats the water with electric impulses which are...
- ✅ EASY & CLEAN INSTALLATION: You need access to a Min 10" of free pipe space and a Max 2" pipe diameter. However, you do NOT...
- ✅ WHY DESCALING IS BETTER THAN SOFTENING: Yarna does NOT eliminate wanted minerals like Calcium and Magnesium. Minerals are good...
More than 120 litres of water are consumed per day and per capita in Germany. This is a considerable amount, considering that on average, humans only need 2 litres to drink. In any case, the water should be clean and free from harmful ingredients, so we recommend buying and testing a water softening system. The waterworks in Germany guarantees users that the water is of very good quality. However, in many regions, the water hardness leaves a lot to be desired and therefore a water softening system is of importance and also the test. Although this is not harmful to the health, clothes during washing and also machines suffer under the hard water. With a water softening system, everyone can do something for themselves here.
What does hard or soft water mean?
Water can not be felt as hard, at best as too cold. With hardness in professional circles, the content of calcium and magnesium ions is meant, thus the H2O. In the soil and also in water pipes, ions dissolve from the alkaline earth metals and become an insoluble compound, which is also called lime. Household appliances that come into contact with it calcify more easily and clothes react when washing with the lime. Even with delicate drinks such as tea, you can taste the lime downright or feel. In Germany, the degree of hardness of water is given in ° DH for degrees German hardness. Soft water has a hardness of up to 8.4 ° dH, mean water values between 8.4 and 14 ° DH. Everything above it is called hard water. Recommended are approximate values around the 7 ° DH.
How useful is a water softening system?
If it is only about health, then you need no water softening system, because German water has a very good drinking quality, according to the Federal Environmental Agency. The purchase or test of a water softening system should nevertheless be well considered, as it is an expensive investment and one should face the cost-benefit factor. Only when water levels are significantly high and household appliances quickly calcify, you should consider buying a water softening system.
Operation of a water softening system
It lowers the content of calcium and magnesium ions as a water filter so that the lime content in the water drops.
The construction and the technology
A water softening system consists of a large container. Here is a pillar or a sphere whose core is made of resin. The actual softening of the water takes place in the core housing. The water in the water softening test is passed through the tank and by means of chemical processes of an ion exchanger, the positive ions of calcium and magnesium are removed. These are collected in a tank and disposed of via the drain. Missing minerals in the water are replaced by sodium and potassium, which is stored as salt in the tank and has to be replenished again and again.
A control unit in the water softening system controls not only the system but also the streams of hard and softened water. A good water softening system will not regulate the water to 0 ° DH because then all the minerals would be missing from the water. Experts recommend a degree of hardness of 7 ° dH. For this to be achieved, softened water is mixed with lime-containing material, this is referred to as blending.
The maintenance and cleaning
A water softening system is a sturdy and durable device that should last for at least 25 years and does not require maintenance. Only the salt content in the container must be refilled again and again. You should not use a sparingly soluble water softening system salt, because evaporation can form small crystals here, which clog the tank. The container must then be cleaned by a specialist, which has also been confirmed in the many tests.
Advantages and disadvantages of a water softening system
- Less calcium deposits
- Less cleaning effort
- Lowers energy consumption of household appliances
- Softer hair
- Smoother skin
- Water pipes need less maintenance
- Clothes last longer
- Higher carbonic acid content in the water
- Long-term damage to water pipes possible
What should you look for when buying a water softening system?
Number of users
Water softening systems are available in different capacities. This means the larger the plant, the more soft water it can deliver per day. Private individuals usually come with a small facility for 1-2 people. A four-member household should already choose a larger model for a test. However, it should be kept in mind that larger devices usually require more power.
Capacity and salt consumption
Depending on the container size, between 11 and 50 kg, water softening system salt can be filled. A large container has the advantage that you do not have to refill so often. The consumption of the salt also varies depending on the model and water hardness. On average, according to the water softening test you have to expect with costs of salt per person per month with just under 2 €.
The nominal diameter for the water connection is given in inches. Most water softening systems are aligned on 1-inch pipes. Before buying a water softening system you should know the water connection of the house.
How often should a water softening system be regenerated?
This can be done at the water softener test at will. Systems with an automatic regeneration during tests have proven to be very practical. The system is set once and is aimed at regeneration according to a fixed plan according to water consumption and water hardness.
Which salt can be used?
There are three common salts on the market. There is rock salt, solar salt and evaporated salt. Rock salt has a high sodium chloride content of 90%, so that part of the salt remains water-insoluble. At a high use rate, deposits can occur in the container. However, this salt is ideal for the home, as it is also the cheapest. Solar salt is obtained from the evaporation of seawater and has similar sodium chloride values as the rock salt. Again, there are less insoluble elements, which in turn makes the salt a little more expensive. Evaporated salt dissolves to 100% and is very well suited for large-scale use. It is also the most expensive salt.
The test winner
In the current Wasserenthärtungsanlge test from the reviews on Amazon.de, the Grünbeck softly: SC18 water softening system was particularly recommended. It is suitable for a maximum of 8 persons and has a salt content of 35 kg. The salt consumption is 0.6 kg and the maximum water temperature is 30 degrees. The model is DVGW certified, offers 2 adjustment options (Eco and Power), has a display and an automatic regeneration.
The price-performance winner
The prize-winner in the water softener test was the Filtrasoft Basic 40 water softening system. It is suitable for a maximum of 5 persons. The salt consumption is 2.4 kg and the maximum water temperature is 40 degrees. The plant has a low salt consumption and it can not come to overflow. Otherwise, it offers a display and an automatic regeneration.