See here the list of Top 10 best split system air conditioners. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones.
- Ultra high efficiency inverter+ ductless mini split heat pump system
- Cooling capacity: 12, 000 BTU/H with 17.5 SEER efficiency
- Heating capacity: 11, 800 BTU/H with 9.0 hspf efficiency
- High Efficiency AHRI certified Inverter technology Heat Pump ductless mini split system
- Multiple Modes: Turbo Cool, Sleep Mode, Dehumidifier, Hyper Heat
- Operates in either AC cooling or Heat Pump heating mode
- Universal Heavy Duty Outdoor Wall Bracket. Fits 9000-36000 Btu Units. Dimensions: Width: 33.5" Height: 18" Depth: 22"
- Adjustable for use with up to 9,000 - 36,000 BTU Units not exceeding a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs. It includes hardware...
- The use of mounting brackets raises the condensing unit above ground level for multi-floor mounting. As an alternative to ground...
- Covers and hides unsightly refrigeration pipes on your external walls.
- Ultra durable PVC plastic material with neutral light beige color.
- Can be added to any previous and existing installation with ease.
- 9,000 BTU Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner with Cooling and Heating, 15.2 SEER, Inverter Technology, 115V
- Quiet operation, great for bedrooms, additions, living rooms and commercial applications.
- Including 16' Copper Line Set and communication wires as pictured.
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Mini Split Ductless Air Conditioner and Heater - 19 SEER
- 4-in-1 Design - With air conditioning, heating, dehumidifier and fan.
- Cooper&Hunter Victoria Series 12,000 BTU 115V Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner Heating and Cooling 22 SEER Energy Star Rated up...
- Gree inverter heat pump works for heating with ambient temperature up to 5F.
- Matching 16' copper line set, 18' communication wires and accessories for installation included with your order for free
- 220V power required
- 16 ft installation kit included.
- 1 year compressor, 2 year parts warranty
- Klimaire highly efficient 19 SEER KSIV012-H119-S(W) DC Inverter system includes indoor unit, outdoor unit, 15-ft. installation kit...
- Outdoor Unit is pre-charged and accommodates up to 25 ft length of refrigerant lines. Includes a built-in base pan and a...
- Ultra-quiet low noise design indoor unit operates as low as 25 dB(A). Cools and Heats an application area of up to 550 sq. ft.
- 220V power required
- 16 ft installation kit included.
- 1 year compressor, 2 year parts warranty
Welcome to our large Split Air Conditioning Test 2019. Here we present you all the Split Air Conditioners that we have tested more closely. We have put together detailed background information and also added a summary of the customer reviews on the net. We want to make your purchase easier and help you find the best air conditioning solution for you. Also on frequently asked questions, you will find answers in our guide. If available, we also offer you interesting test videos. Furthermore, you will also find on this page some important information that you should pay attention to if you want to buy a split air conditioner.
The essentials in brief
- A split air conditioner cools a room shortly to the desired temperature. The indoor climate is made as pleasant and healthy as possible by other functions.
- Split air conditioners are available as fixed mounted devices or mobile solutions. This can be differentiated in On / Off and inverter split air conditioners. Especially inverter systems are very energy efficient.
- The high cooling capacity of the systems and the low power consumption offer a holistic solution – which is both efficient and cost-effective.
Guides: Questions to consider before buying a split air conditioner
What do you need a split air conditioning?
A split air conditioning system makes it possible to create an optimal and healthy room atmosphere in all rooms. The holistic system works independently of external influences. Split air conditioners create the ideal room climate in every season, contribute to health and meet the needs of people.
A split air conditioner internalizes different functions:
- to regulate the air temperature
- to adjust the humidity
- to change the airspeed
- to filter and exchange the air
Each room, which contains a built-in indoor unit, can be individually air-conditioned. Different activities have different requirements for high performance. A bedroom ideally should have a room temperature of 17 to 20 C °, a study has other requirements with 20 to 22 C °.
How is a split air conditioner mounted?
The installation of the split air conditioning can be done by a specialist or a self. First of all, it must be said that the assembly involves a lot of effort, technology and know-how. From a self-assembly as an inexperienced hobby craftsman, we advise against. The system consists of two parts, the indoor unit and the outdoor unit. You start by mounting the indoor unit in the desired room on the wall. For this purpose, the connection between the two devices, made by a Bohrrung.
The outdoor unit is mounted on the façade or at a suitable location on the floor. Through the wall opening refrigerant pipe, condensate hose and the electrical connection of the two devices are placed. The lines and hoses are connected to the indoor and outdoor unit, in addition, the outdoor unit receives another power supply. The assembly is completed here. Before the system is put into operation, the line is treated with a vacuum pump to remove moisture and air from the circuit. The valves can be opened and the system can be tested.
Are there mobile split air conditioners?
Yes, there are mobile split air conditioners. By principle, these devices work the same. The noisy outdoor unit is placed outside the desired room and connected to the indoor unit with a hose, through a hole or through a window. The mobile split air conditioning system can thus relatively easily be assembled and disassembled and is thus flexible. For example in a camper or caravan. Flexibility and comfort, however, have lost performance over fixed installations.
Where can I buy a split air conditioner?
Split air conditioners are available in all speciality stores and hardware stores. Some companies offer both the purchase of split air conditioning, as well as the installation. There are also a variety of shops online:
- air World
What is so special about a split air conditioner?
The efficient division of the technology into an indoor and an outdoor unit results in many advantages for the user. A split air conditioner works very efficiently compared to other devices – low power consumption and a high cooling capacity result. The loud technology used in the outdoor unit prevents you from perceiving annoying noise in the air-conditioned room. Split air conditioners are due to their design ideal for all premises. The louder outdoor unit does not affect the well-being in the room.
How does a split air conditioner work?
The functionality is a physical circuit based on the fact that warm air always flows to cold air. The circulation is carried out until the desired room temperature is reached.
- The air in the room is sucked in by the indoor unit.
- The refrigerant in the evaporator becomes gaseous due to the heat.
- The compressor continues to increase the temperature so that gaseous refrigerant is sent to the outdoor unit.
- The gaseous refrigerant is released into the ambient air and liquefies again.
- A valve reduces the pressure of the fluid.
- The air is then forwarded to the interior.
During heating, the circuit is also run through only in reverse, it is extracted heat from the outside air and directed into the room. Through the flowing circuit, an airflow is generated by dehumidifying the air during the cooling process and thereby contributes to general well-being.
Which split air conditioning do I need?
The performance of your Split Air Conditioner depends on different environmental factors:
- room area
- ceiling height
- heat-producing sources
- electronic devices
As a first rough rule of thumb to calculate the required watts: cubic meters of space x 40 watts. For this purpose, the heat-generating sources must now be added – per person proposes 100 watts on the bill on it – for electrical equipment can take a fixed value of 500 watts.
Decision: What types of split air conditioners are there and which one is right for you?
Split air conditioners hardly differ from each other technically. The installation, however, is a big difference depending on the planning and acquisition time. The individual plants can be subdivided into:
- inverter split air conditioners
- On / Off Split Air Conditioners
The installation is different for split air conditioners and can be divided into:
- central split air conditioning
- decentralized split air conditioning
- mobile split air conditioning
What distinguishes inverter Split air conditioners and what are the pros and cons?
The inverter Technik is a special kind for the intelligent air conditioning of premises. Such a device is not permanently busy, but also achieves the desired room temperature with less than a per cent and also keeps it.
The inverter technology works with less utilization of a continuous indoor climate. Wear and volume are between 30-70% lower than on/off devices. The high-tech devices have high initial costs and require regular maintenance for a long service life. The assembly is very expensive as with all split air conditioners.
What distinguishes On / Off Split air conditioning and what are the pros and cons?
The on/off system switches on with the aid of sensors as soon as the room has exceeded the desired temperature. When the previously set temperature is reached, the device switches off again.
The non-permanent on/off split air conditioner achieves excellent results when installed correctly. The temperature differences are greater compared to inverted devices – inverted devices keep a certain temperature permanently, on/off devices always switch on with fluctuations. Permanent use at 100% results in high wear and does not work as energy efficient as inverter technology.
What characterizes central split air conditioners and what are the pros and cons?
Central split air conditioners are suitable for air conditioning of complete buildings. With the help of air ducts and ducts, you can achieve an optimal indoor climate without any additional visible indoor units.
In a central split air conditioning, the indoor units are installed directly in the ceiling and are therefore not visible. The air cycle and the temperature are regulated with air ducts. A central device is usually taken into account in the planning of buildings since the subsequent installation is associated with high costs and high costs.
What distinguishes decentralized split air conditioners and what are the pros and cons?
Decentral split air conditioning systems can be retrofitted in buildings. The installation is less expensive than with central air conditioning systems. In order to air-condition several rooms, several indoor units must also be present – this is referred to as multi-split air conditioning systems.
What characterizes mobile split air conditioners and what are the pros and cons?
Mobile Split air conditioning systems do without breakthroughs and can be used with little effort in different rooms, caravans or campers.
Decentralized appliances are often no more expensive to buy than mobile split air conditioners, but the mobile solution saves installation costs.
Purchase criteria: These factors allow you to compare and rate Split air conditioners
In the following chapter, we will show you which aspects and key data you can choose between a large number of possible split air conditioners.
Attention and comparable criteria for split air conditioners are:
- Cooling capacity BTU
- Energy efficiency class
- Room size max.
- power consumption
In the following paragraphs, we bring you closer to the relevance of the individual points.
1. Cooling capacity BTU
One of the most important criteria is the cooling performance. The cooling capacity indicates how much cooling is possible per hour. The unit in which the cooling capacity is measured is called “British Thermal Unit” and indicates the maximum capacity of the air conditioning unit per hour.
2. Energy efficiency class
No one wants to allow a power-hungry device that runs for several hours a day. The energy efficiency class shows at a glance how much a split consumes air conditioning. The EU standardized system is divided into different classes – the best A ++ to the worst D. For clarification: A class A + device works 20% more energy efficient than a level A device, and a device in A ++ is as high as 40%.
A loud split air conditioning may bring the room to the desired temperature, but a pleasant atmosphere is not created. Split air conditioners are between 25dB and 50dB in the indoor unit, depending on utilization. The outdoor unit is usually beyond the 50dB.
4. Room size max.
The maximum room size that you can air-condition with a split air conditioner depends on the number of watts. If the air conditioner has more watts or BTU, you can air-condition more volume.
Example: A room with 35sqm and a ceiling height of 2.4m is to be air-conditioned. The 35sqm x 60watt count – are 2100 watts. Add up the number of people in the room x 100 watts – four people are on average in the room, so 400 watts. That’s a total of 2500 watts. At the end, one calculates about 500 watts on the overall result for other heat influences. For our example, you need a 3000-watt split air conditioning system.
5. Power consumption
Electricity consumption is calculated in kWh, ie kilowatt per hour. Inverter Split air conditioners are very economical in comparison to comparable devices. On average, such a system should consume 150 to 400kWh a year, of course, depends on the use and device.
A split air conditioner does more than just regulate temperatures. Dehumidifying and ventilating also contributes to a pleasant indoor climate, as does the actual temperature. Make sure that your split air conditioner has exactly the same functions. In addition, other functions, such as the integration of the system in your smart home system or Wifi, be interesting for you.