See here the list of Top 10 best string trimmer. Read the buying guide and other important factors before making a selection for you or any of your dear ones.
- Industry's largest 40V battery system powers 25+ tools
- 2X more power than 20V
- 12" 065 dual line with auto-feed head to rip through weeds for fast trimming
- 13" Cutting swath with 0.080" Line
- Gear drive transmission design that powers through overgrowth
- Variable trigger with high/low speed control for added power or extended runtime
- Features a 28cc 2-cycle engine which powers the 17 inch (cutting width) trimmer head
- Trimmer engine runs on a mixture of unleaded gas and 2-cycle oil (2.6 oz bottle is included, see bottle for mixing instructions)
- Easily release new trimmer line as you work by tapping the trimmer head against the grass to activate the Tap 'N Go line release...
- [TRIMMER & EDGER 2-in-1] Easily converts from a string trimmer to a wheel edger in just seconds
- [INSTANT LINE FEED] Innovative push button Command Feed spool system for instant line feeding. Plus, Free Spools for Life!
- [BATTERIES ARE INCLUDED] 2 powerful and lightweight 20V Power Share MaxLithium batteries come with this tool, and can be used on...
- Converts from trimmer to wheeled edger. Line Diameter 0.065 inch
- Power Drive Transmission for increased torque
- 2 speed control for more power or extended runtime. Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts....
- 10Amp motor with straight shaft and .080 dual line bump feed
- Light weight and simple electric start with cord lock feature makes it easy to use
- Large 18" cutting path helps speed up the trimming process
- High-performance 40V max Lithium ion Battery with state of charge indicator that shows remaining power
- Power drive high-torque transmission gives you cutting power at the string for clean, fast cuts
- Automatic feed Spool - afs which automatically feeds trimmer line as needed with no bumping
- 159cc OHV GAS ENGINE: Powerful 4-cycle gas engine helps you clear the tallest, toughest grass and weeds.
- 22-INCH CUTTING SWATH: Unique shape makes trimming around fences, garden beds, and other landscaping borders easier cutting bigger...
- USER FRIENDLY: Off-set trimmer head feature helps to trim hard-to-reach places while the 14-inch ball-bearing wheels help you move...
- Fits multiple string trimmer models: GH400, GH500, GH600, GH610, GH900, GH912, ST6600, ST7000, ST7700, CST1000, CST1200, CST2000,...
- BLACK+DECKER replacement spool system eliminates time spent hand winding string trimmers
- Compatible with most BLACK+DECKER string trimmers; 30 feet replacement line is factory wound for a superior feed
- 160 ft. Of . 095 professional grade twisted Line
- Compatible with EGO POWER+ 15" String Trimmers ST1500/ST1500-S/ST1500F/ST1500SF
- Compatible with EGO POWER head 15'' String trimmer attachment Sta1500
Garden Power Grass Trimmer
What is an electric lawn trimmer?
In our electric grass trimmer comparison, we will introduce you to what kind of garden equipment this is. A grass trimmer is primarily a motor-driven gardening device for mowing grass and weeds. In our case, we are dealing with the somewhat less powerful Eletro grass trimmers, which are used primarily in the home. Optically, electric lawn trimmers initially consist of an elongated style, in the middle of which there is a carrying handle and at the top a grab handle with safety switch. In addition, there is also a short electrical line to find.
How does an electric lawn trimmer work?
A brushcutter uses an electric motor and shaft to drive a rapidly rotating cutting tool. This is usually a one- or two-sided nylon thread that cuts grass and weeds at the desired height due to the speed of rotation. We are also talking about a free cutting process without counter cutting. The so-called thread head is surrounded by a plastic protective cover, which is half-open. In this way, we can also cut the grass close to the edges of lawns. First, we need to make the electrical connection with the grass trimmer. At the end of the handle, we usually find a few centimetres of electrical cable with plug connection.
In order to be able to work comfortably in the garden with it, an extension cable or a cable drum for the domestic power connection is necessary in any case. There is a safety switch on the upper handle. To do this, we first need to press in a safety button while pressing the on button on the pistol grip. Once the electric motor starts to move with the nylon thread, we can release the safety button. If the on-switch is released for interruption, the motor stops.
For ease of use, we use the other hand still the middle style handle, which is usually designed as a handle. In this way, we can guide our electric lawn trimmer safely.
The test subjects were, therefore, subject to the following test criteria.
1. The weight
If you have to liberate lawn edges and other garden areas from weeds and grass for a long time, an electric lawn trimmer can sometimes be quite heavy in the hand. Fortunately, the electric lawn trimmers are among the lightest representatives. With a gasoline brush cutter, we’d still have to carry the heavy engine with us. On average, the electric-powered trimmers weigh between 1.5 and 2 kg. With this, a little longer manual work can be carried out in a relaxed manner. Our comparison test winners are in this weight range and can be recommended in this respect.
2. The cutting and cutting width
Like a lawnmower, the working width of a mower tool always plays an important role in a test. However, we must take into account that a grass trimmer is intended primarily for hard to reach places. In that regard, we can not expect miracles at the cutting width. Most electric lawn trimmers come here on a width between 25 and 28 cm. In this area are also the test winner. This means that the rotating nylon thread can mow between 25 and 28 cm.
Again, there are exceptions, such as the well-known garden equipment manufacturer Einhell shows. This offers an electric lawn trimmer, which has a cutting width of 31 cm.
3. The lawn edge function
Most electric lawn trimmers can also be used as lawn hedge trimmers. In this case, the mower head is rotated 90 degrees so that the thread can work exactly at the edge. High-quality models have a so-called edge function, in which the mower head can be folded down by 90 degrees. In this way, the usual working attitude is not changed further. You can easily continue mowing in a relaxed posture and still achieve a perfect lawn cutting edge. Most of our comparison test winners are also equipped with this feature.
4. The performance
A certain force must have the electric lawn hedge trimmer in the test. Especially when you have to mow through tall grass. As with electric motors commonly, we stated the power in watts. There were big differences in the test.
The electric lawn trimmer motors are available with a power between 280 and 550 watts. But there are also special high-performance trimmers, such as the well-known manufacturer Hecht, who equips his electric lawn trimmer with a 1,400-watt motor. This model no longer has a nylon thread, but a three-tooth knife.
What should I look for when buying an electric lawn trimmer?
Electric lawn trimmers are extremely easy to use. Visually, most models are almost identical. In addition to a practical carrying handle, with which we can guide this tool in every direction, there is still the actual handle on the upper end of the handle. On the handle is the safety switch and in the immediate vicinity a short electric cable for the plug receptacle of the extension cable. When buying, you should make sure that the centrally located carrying handle can still be adjusted if necessary ergonomic. This can make working with the trimmer even easier.
The price/performance ratio
Good electric lawn trimmers do not necessarily have to be expensive. An electric lawn trimmer test 2019 proves this too. You can already buy low-priced entry-level models for less than 20 euros. Many individual adjustment possibilities or even a high engine performance, however, we search in vain for these devices. Before you buy, be sure to check out how expensive the spare bobbins are. The middle class starts at just over 20 euros and extends to about 50 euros. Here we find the largest selection of electric lawn trimmers from many famous brand manufacturers. In addition to many adjustment options, sufficient engine power and particularly stable nylon threads, we also benefit from a double-thread technique in this category.